Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Thanks for the input guys. One more, is there an easy way to sort through classifieds by region? This site is nationwide and slightly hard to navigate.

Thanks for the input guys. One more, is there an easy way to sort through classifieds by region? This site is nationwide and slightly hard to navigate.
I know what you mean and I've not found a way- the searches on here can be some what muddlesome at times.

It appears I will hav several buff brahmas hatching fbetween 17-20 (2 incubators going right now), if interested in them and/or chicks. These will be from eggs I bought and only plan on keeping a couple hens for eggs. Of course, it will be a bit before I know what sexes I will have.

Also, if you decide you want any LF or Bantam Cochins I currently have some 2 week olds and lots more due 17-20th.

I did not even know a Chattanooga thread was on here.
Welcome GB
Yes, this thread is fairly new. I felt like the "middle tn" and the "east tn" thread really didn't cover our surrounding area (chattanooga, ooltewah, cleveland, ringgold, fort o, hixson, soddy, dayton, chickamauga etc. etc. etc..) So, here we are. We are slowing getting a few more members and hopefully the thread will pick up in the future when more people realize it exist.

Glad you found us
hugs.gif

Hey y'all, sounds like everyone is doing chicken math. Lol
I hate to admit it but I could use some advise.
I have recently lost two settings of eggs( 42 each).
Styrofoam still air: I have had good results in the past, however these units are getting old. Probably 3 years, used several times each year.
Chickens are mostly free range, supplimented with grain & snacks.
Pure breeds are feed 30% cat food or a reasonable facsemily thereof.. :) temps 99.9f humidity 45 /50 till 18 th day then 65 or so for lock down. No more than 8 she's per 1 he . That's a conservative #.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the warm welcome :O)

Chicken Math...lol, Mine is working a little too perfectly. Three incubators, one cabnet incubator... all of them almost full. I stagger hatches so I get room each week. I need to shut them off at some point and take a rest.

I dry incubate in my Hova's. The humidity stays around 20%, then in my hatcher the humidity is normally at 60-70%. I sometimes have to fight with it when all the chicks are hatching. It will shoot up a bit sometimes. I have gotten better hatch rates from incubating like this then the other ways, and I have tried all but incubating in a cave...yes people in other countries do that :p

How old are your Roosters? What breeds? Some breeds it can be helpful to trim butt feathers.

No rooster over 3 years, 4 roosters just starting. I have 3 american game, 1 rir, 1 jbg, 1 barred rock, 1 leghorn, 2 cochin bantams,1 buff X,1 light brahmaX and about 60 hens. I think I have enough roosters to do the trick. My bators may just be old and/ or harboring bacteria.
I bought a new little giant. It is loaded now. We should know something in 10 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom