Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

I didn't know this thread existed!
I am up between Dunlap and Pikeville. We're going to be new vendors this year at Chattanooga Market.
wee.gif

goose and fig-- check to see if you can have a policy covering eggs/ any all other goods sold, for 1 mil, will that work? I've never heard of 1 billon. Sometimes, if the eggs are only from your flock it does not have to be that high. We have an umbrella lib. insurance that extents the lib of our house/property and cars for 1 mil. about 15.00 a month.

Last edited:
Here's the difference... An umbrella policy is a general liability policy. Most grocery stores and retailers of food require a "product liability" policy - a totally different type of requirement than a general umbrella policy. "Some" farmers markets require product liability for anything other than produce. So what you need to determine is what the market's requirement is. Look for the word "product".

Ooops- I meant 1 Million!
lol.png
We get construction liability when we are taking down barns and stuff, but to sell a $2 dozen eggs...it wouldn't pay for itself. I don't have that many eggs really, and they were concerned about what category to put us in, so we went with furniture.

Hatching update...
I am going to set a bunch of guinea eggs this weekend.
I don't have any idea how many will hatch since they keep hiding them in different places and I've lost track of some of the ages, but we'll see...

In the meantime, my Rhodebar hatch produced 7 cockerels and only 1 pullet. I've named her Hope...

And I candled 2 of my Swedish Flower eggs yesterday and both were fertile - yeah!!!
fl.gif
Well, congrats on a good hatch but sorry about all the boys - keep us updated

Ran into the lady (at tractor supply) who will be running the 1st animal swap day at the tractor supply in Collegedale, forgot which day in june or july-sorry. Just thought you might want to know. I made a suggestion to have either 2 vets, so you can actually ask questions-- or for 1 vet to bring a tech to do the rabies shots-so that vet can take questions. I did give her this thread to post to.
Cool - keep us posted as to when the day will be

I didn't know this thread existed!
I am up between Dunlap and Pikeville. We're going to be new vendors this year at Chattanooga Market.
wee.gif
WELCOME -glad you've joined us & good luck at the Market.
Sad to say, but all these yrs. now it has been going on I haven't been the first time. Just seems when the weekend comes around I have so much to do around here or other plans.

Back
Top Bottom