cheap egg cartons

Really? Don't remember ever seeing them at our local Rural King. Will have to look closer next time.

Do you know offhand if they do tax exemptions for farms like TSC does?

Yeah that's what mine had but then the last few times I'd been in there (spread out over a few months) they didn't have any at all and then bam had about 20+ foam ones the other day. I assumed they were $.50 because they were at the $.50 egg carton tag on the shelf but then the receipt said $.29, should've gotten more lol.

I did a "live chat" today with someone from Farm Tek. I asked how a box of 250 egg cartons could cost over $35 dollars. He said it's a large box and that they keep the prices low on their products and charge actual shipping charges. I asked how other companies could ship as many as 400 for under $20 and I got no reply. After waiting close to 5 minutes. Oh well.... Crazy.

Most of my customers are pretty organic and have a hissy fit if I use any cartons other than paper. You can purchase less but I usually purchase no less than 500 at a time. If you look at the price breakdown you find some of the places can be spendy for what you are getting. The best buy I have found is with Zellwin. I think they are out of Florida. Most of the time they offer free shipping. They are usually very fast in getting your order out.

[email protected]
http://www.zellwin.com/category_s/52.htmZelwig.

Hope that helps

Rob

If you don't mind having a brand name on the cartons you can provide used cartons from the supermarkets. All our customers save them for us and return them to us when they come to buy eggs. The price of egg cartons is reduced to $0.00. We do print sheets of small Avery return address labels and put them on the egg carton and that costs next to nothing on a per carton basis. We never buy new egg cartons. Our customers like the used cartons because they know it keeps the price of their eggs down.

Back
Top Bottom