Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
View attachment 3813070View attachment 3813082View attachment 3813083View attachment 3813084View attachment 3813085View attachment 3813086View attachment 3813087View attachment 3813088View attachment 3813089View attachment 3813091View attachment 3813092It’s been very busy here. Last spring we added 4 more chicks, 1 Easter egger (she’s crazy lol), 1 Buff Orpington & 2 lavender Orpingtons. Hubby built a shed (air conditioned) with a nursery/infirmary. They integrated well with our older chickens, with no major problems. They are a year old now & thriving. So we are up to 7 hens, with 6 laying. We expanded their outside run for lots of space for them and added a misting system for our brutally hot summers.
View attachment 3813070
What a beautiful flock!

20240424_153346.jpg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi - thanks for checking in. My very last chicken passed about 18 months ago at the ripe age of 14 (she was still laying), but age got her. Since then I have moved and can't have chickens. I must tell you how much I miss the girls. They are wonderful friends and pets. and yes, they give eggs.
Little's Memorial photo.jpg

Hi guys! Super busy as well! Just made a new open for some BB Turkeys coming after July 4th. Planted some sorghum in the run for shade and something to snack on. We’ll see how it goes

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I've lately been more involved with dog rescue. Trying to get my yard set up better for a flock. I've definetly learned the hard way that it's better to do as much prep as possible beforehand. My Guineas taught me that.

I got 6 new girls this year. Took a couple years off. My last one's had a racoon get in the cage after someone went in and opened the cage. 😢

Deep diving into my honey bees for about 2 more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom