Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Thank you for checking on me. My 7 girls are doing great and enjoying spring. They had their first birthday Mid-march. I wasn't able to get any of the breeds I really wanted but I'm very grateful for my 2 black australorp, 2 wyandotte, 1 orpington & 2 easter eggers. I put my cat leash on my orpington (Miss Sandi Patty) and she enjoyed a walk. They have a large coop with lots of space but I let them free-range sometimes too (with great caution). I also have 3 quail and I raise black soldier fly larvae for the hens which I strangely enjoy. My fowl fascination has only made me weirder for the better!

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

Hello, all is fine so far!

Hey there! I’ve been away from here for awhile. I seem to be back down to one chicken again this year. So I guess I’m living up to my user name. Time to get some more girls. I like to keep my flock small. The one I have now is Domino, a Barred Rock. I’ll make a point of checking in more often✌️🐓🫶🐓

Hello! Life’s been crazy! I’m moving and building a new run and getting more chickens (shhhh don’t tell my husband), and expanding my quail aviary. I’ll come back and update in a couple months!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Sad. I'm sorry not to add anything upbeat at the moment. We had a loss this month. On the 14th, our 8-year-old Granita passed away after about a month of intensive TLC. A devastating loss for the entire flock, who've never known a time without her. I don't know if there's help for a bereaved chicken, but her sister Bling has been most depressed and I wish I could make her feel better.

Hello everyone, it's been awhile. I've still got my chickens and they're doing fine. Here's my crossbeak hen after her bath. I took her in last year when she was a baby because her previous owner wasn't going to be able to care for her. She's very clingy and has this horrible habit of launching herself at my face at the worst given moment so she can perch on top of my head. It was cute when she was little but now i fear for my life lol
20240416_164048.jpg

Back
Top Bottom