Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hello, Robear here , checking in. My Bantams are doing well , thank you. I have gone from Japanese Bantams to the tiny Serama Bantams or as I call them the "MINIONS" they are such dainty tiny chickens , I absolutely love them.
20240321_190430.jpg
20240321_190044.jpg
20240313_185948.jpg
20240316_103316.jpg
20240316_103423.jpg
@ROBEARS BANTAMS, welcome back, and thanks for the beautiful pictures of your adorable bantams! How many do you have?

Hey everyone, I'm still here, still have chickens, 9 hens total. 3 BCMs, 2 Lav Orps, 2 Barred Rocks, a Welsummer and Partridge Chanticler. I'm excited to see that owning Chickens is becoming main stream! I've always thought that everyone should have chickens!
Welcome back and thanks for the update. I'll have to remember to tag you when we do our chicken comb contests. We're going to have one contest for each comb, and you could enter the cushion comb contest with pictures of your Partridge Chanticler! :D

Been very busy around the farm. We currently don’t have any chickens. We got tired of losing them to the local fox. I rehomed the last four hens with a friend last summer. We’ll have them again in the future. Right now we’re focusing on getting our dairy barn and silo removed.
Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about the chickens, I understand how frustrating it can be to lose them to predators like foxes. It's great that you were able to rehome the last four hens with a friend. Removing the dairy barn and silo? Wow, that sounds like a big project Good luck with everything!

Hi everyone ive been supper busy we moved to Stockton from the bay area so the chikis and ducks had a pretty far trip but we're currently still upgrading their coop and little corner they got , my mocha still acting crazy and jumping over fences and avoiding dogs like usual 🤦🏽‍♀️
20240301_153406.jpg
20240317_173057.jpg
20240317_173042.jpg
Welcome back and congrats on the move. How do you like Stockton (I'm from the Bay Area too). Your yard looks lovely!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

Doing well! Very busy though. Our hens are 4yrs old now. We had 5 originally; 2 black australorps, 2 buff orpingtons and 1 black star hen. We have lost 3 of them but the 2 that are left are well. Our buff hen, Cornpuff (Puff for short) just underwent a successful hysterectomy and us recovering at home. Love our hens!

Attachments

• 20240103_163945.jpg
    20240103_163945.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 1
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Yes I'm still here! It has been a while, just plugging away at hatching eggs! We donated a couple hundred eggs to our local 4-H, and as of now our eggs have reached over 400 kids in the schools. On top of that, we have hatched out 28 turkey poults and 4 geese, and there's another round of turkey eggs in the incubator along with a couple dozen chicken eggs that we are hatching for some friends. Spring is in the air!

Things are going well around here. Our chicken yard grows and shrinks with the needs of the ladies, but mostly due to the need for some weeding partners! I sure love reading what folx post but don't have the time I'd like to spend just reading posts.
Have a good day!
Glad things are going well! Thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom