Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Currently growing 8 French Black Copper Maran chicks. Hatched 14 chicks 5 weeks ago, trying to decide which of the 14 i'm going to give away. Trying to figure out male of female of these 14, building safe containers to put in current run so the old hens will get to know the little one when I put them in the run. Raising chicks is work! But I love it. Here are a couple pictures of 2 of the chicks I hatched, anyone care to guess, Pullet or Cockerel? I'm not sure at this point. 37 days old, so a little over 5 weeks old.
Thanks for the update! Glad you are doing well!

Hi everyone
I have been away
Was just logging in to ask a question about hatching lol

I have a few goose eggs in the incubator now ready to hatch
They are chirping away but been over 24 hours now and still hasn't externally pipped yet lol
I have been going down every couple of hours to talk to them hoping it will encouraging hatching 😂😂

Hi chicken peeps!!
We've been busy homeschooling and adding to our little farm (Angora bunnies!) But our chickens are thriving and loving life. Still pooping on our porch and trying to get in our house, but we love them anyway 😆 We recently spring cleaned the coop and repainted the framing. Next I just need to do some maintenance on my auto watering system and rain barrels!
Thanks for stopping by! Glad you are doing well!

Hi everyone
I have been away
Was just logging in to ask a question about hatching lol

I have a few goose eggs in the incubator now ready to hatch
They are chirping away but been over 24 hours now and still hasn't externally pipped yet lol
I have been going down every couple of hours to talk to them hoping it will encouraging hatching 😂😂
It is good to see you!

It can take some time between hearing them and them hatching. The best thing to do is be patient and singing to them does help!

Post some pictures when they hatch!

Hi! Thanks for reaching out! We are relatively good here. I also have a “Nugget”! He’s a male welsh harlequin. I have 4 ducks and an African goose that is very intent on nesting and gets very mad at me when I take her eggs away😂. I do have a rescue, pretty sure he’s a khaki that was attracted by we think a hawk or maybe eagle. He recovered from that ordeal but is now sick and we have no idea what it is. I’ve had him to my vet and we put him on antibiotics and pain meds but he has had no improvement. He’s been sick for almost a month now and I really don’t know what else to do for him other than keep him comfortable….😥
Poor guy...I hope he isn't suffering.

New Hens arriving for the coop! All did well except for one; she passed away the next day 🙁. I have found it best (when adding to existing flock) to place them in the Coop at night. We're two weeks in, and all but 3 have folded right into the existing hierarchy. They are mostly gold and red sexlinks, with a California Spec and 2 black french pullets added in.
I love seeing everyone's photos, and reading all experiences.
View attachment 3815697
Did you mail order these? How did they arrive?

Hey! We are doing just fine. My hubby, Doug, had major surgery last year so we've been focused on his recovery. Our chicks are doing good. Laying is a bit slow. We have started our first vegetable garden in two years. Looking forward to fresh veggies!
I hope your husband heal fast!

Of course, I’ll reply. I often come for advice, but it will be two years since I got my first set of chickens. The buffs are doing really well and they are more pets than a flock. this spring. I ordered four more buffs who are one week old today. They are adorable, we are adding on to our coop and will be putting the small girls in the existing small coop. Once they feathered out and the older ladies will be in a much larger space until they’re all acclimated. keeping up with the daily chore of picking up poops and changing water Has definitely kept them all healthy as well as using organic feed. I use the green Mountain organic soy free feed and I have noticed a huge difference in the color of their combs. Thanks for asking about how we’re doing and keep on raising your own chickens!
Their combs will fade and shrink a little during the winter/when they are not laying. They will redden up when they resume laying.

Back
Top Bottom