Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

That's what I was thinking. The air cell on the eggs are very odd looking too. I assume because they got cold at night after they were laid.
I'm gonna make a safety holes tomorrow if they don't pip externally then.

I actually have another 5 eggs in there that I put in after a week lol. So hopefully I will get some goslings

Good luck! I hope you have a good hatch.

I am really hoping mine hatch well because my geese got wiped out in that dog attack I posted about a few posts back. And these eggs are from a woman who bought two pairs from me a couple years ago, so they're from my line.

Checking in here too. Hope everybody is doing well.

Life has changed a lot for me since I joined this forum. I moved several years ago. Unfortunately ever since then my incubator has been sitting empty. Wanting to get some chickens again this year but I don't know if that'll happen. Don't have nearly the space that I used to. I'd have to keep the flock pretty small. I know how difficult it will be to only hatch a few a year when I'm used to hatching hundreds every year.

I have currently shifted my main hobby focus towards beekeeping. Been keeping bees long before I started hatching chicks. Bees do not require fencing and daily chores so right now it makes more sense for my limited free time. I have most of my bees in outyards which also works better for the limited space at home here.

So many hobbies.... So little time.

Welcome back! Do you still have quail? I remember I think you used to post in the quail hatching thread.

Awesome that you're keeping bees now! I've been interested in doing that, but have never pulled the trigger on it.

Hi there, life got busy in a kind of tragic way, in that my husband ended up in the ICU last Memorial Day and we've been navigating our new life with paralysis. We bought a new house to better suit everyone's needs and have been in the process of remodeling it, we've been going to physical therapy weekly, and of course spending way more time with the birds! Last April, I took in two BBW turkey poults that ended up stealing our hearts 💜 our flock is sitting at 54 birds total now, from bantams to guineas and turkeys to bachelor flocks. Quite a challenging experience being the sole chicken tender with that kind of number! Below is my husband with Barb, who is completely infatuated with him 😍View attachment 3811990
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. :hugs Turkeysare super special, aren't they. Thanks for sharing the picture of Barb & your husband :love

I wish you and your family all the best in your new home and recovery journey. :hugs

Had my older bantam Wyandottes hatch some bantam faverolles last summer before selling the Wyandottes this spring.

The faverolles are very cute and my son loves them, I had a very friendly handsome rooster but one of my neighbors hated the crowing so had to sell him. I have found the faverolles lay smaller eggs then the Wyandottes but I love their cute looks and very friendly personalities so its a ok trade off.

1714123820076.png
Too cute!

Hey all!!
I've been lurking for a couple years, sorry for disappearing XD I'm graduating nursing school next month!! I can't wait to have free time again, and I have sooo many plans to renovate the coop and livestock yard :))
I've moved and added some new critters to the feathered and fur family, we've got kunekunes and nigerian dwarf goats now, actually spent most of this morning fixing fences that our piggies tore up (again) lol.
Anywhoots, thank you all for still being here!! I'll be back full force in a month!
Keep clucking yall!
:)
-Raptorchick

Hey all!!
I've been lurking for a couple years, sorry for disappearing XD I'm graduating nursing school next month!! I can't wait to have free time again, and I have sooo many plans to renovate the coop and livestock yard :))
I've moved and added some new critters to the feathered and fur family, we've got kunekunes and nigerian dwarf goats now, actually spent most of this morning fixing fences that our piggies tore up (again) lol.
Anywhoots, thank you all for still being here!! I'll be back full force in a month!
Keep clucking yall!
:)
-Raptorchick
Welcome back! Nursing school? That's awesome! Are you still in Pine Grove?

Back
Top Bottom