Chick pipes wrong end and breaks yolk sack!

RussianChickens

Songster
9 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Michigan (USA)
I have a chick that started to partially zip and didn't move for 20 hours. I checked on him this morning and he was covered in yellow and red goo and gasping for air. I could hear it in his airways so I broke the hole open and wiped the goo away from his face which was down on the bottom end of the shell, nowhere near the airsac.

A ton of this goo drained out when I opened the shell. I took it slow and I notice his yolk sack hasn't been absorbed yet. I fear he has punctured it!! Maybe that was the yellow goo all around his face and that drained out!?

Posting pics. Any help? U have him still in his she'll wrapped in a wet towel.
[/IMG]

Can somone please help?! I don't know what to do for this chick. He hasn't absorbed the yolk sack and wants to kick out of his shell. He was malpositioned and his head was down by his butt.

What do I do with him? I'm trying to keep him moist in the Bator but his yolk isn't absorbed and he is still leaking that yellow goo. I think he ruptured his yolk when struggling to breath. This liquid was already coming out before to did anything to his shell.

How long is it take to absorb the yolk.? I don't think he will stay in his shell he cheep breaking it open more and more.

Can anyone help me? Or is everyone on this thread just going to ignore my post? ? :'(

Not even a link to something written up that can help? I use to know a site but I've long since lost the link.

I lost another chick to this same goo because I didn't intervene. Now am I going to lose this one too?!

Sorry for the grammar and spelling issues. It's my phone.

Back
Top Bottom