Chick pipes wrong end and breaks yolk sack!

I woke up this morning to find he had escaped his diaper and while most of the yolk had absorbed some dried out and he pulled out his guts and they too were dried out partially.

I wrapped him in a tissue and left him on the table to die of hypothermia. I figured that was more humane than his guts hanging out.

His twisted foot never uncurled either. I guess this guy just wasn't meant to make it :'( :(

My other disabled chick seems to be walking ok now. I was worried I'd lose him too.

I'm sad about this guy. He left a trail of blood all over the Bator. Just pitiful. I wish I could have saved him.

You did the best you could and it was a bad hatch. I'm sorry
1f63f.png
How is the other one? I bet it's cute as a button I saw they are Russian I'm curious how they look

You did the best you could and it was a bad hatch. I'm sorry
1f63f.png
How is the other one? I bet it's cute as a button I saw they are Russian I'm curious how they look
Yes he is! I just wish I had one more to add to the bunch. Even as babies they look Russian, they are Orloffs, so I think they look like eagals. That's one reason I like them, they look fierce but are very sweet birds. Both my roosters you can pick up and hold, I never taught them to they just are that way. Hopefully the other eggs will go better.

I wonder if it is because these are a staggered hatch?? Don't get turned enough?

How long can eggs set before the Bator? Some of these set 10 days since my hen doesn't lay often at all. That's a bit longer than I think they can go

I've heard that they can be used after two weeks and I've heard some that hatched one that was a month old. They say every seven days they loose fertility, but other than that fine. How often are they turned? It could be that or just like babies the way it hatched was bad like a breached baby.

Some of my Easter Eggers look like Hawks too haha. Some I gave away. I love sweet chickens I have some leghorns and they aren't cuddle, but my others are. :)

I've heard that they can be used after two weeks and I've heard some that hatched one that was a month old. They say every seven days they loose fertility, but other than that fine. How often are they turned? It could be that or just like babies the way it hatched was bad like a breached baby.
they stay in a auto Turner except for the 3 days during hatch. As soon as I candle and see internal pips I take them all out put the pips on their side and put the others in an egg carton which I rock every 3 hours or so except when I am gone or asleep. As soon as those hatch I change the towel and put the other eggs and auto Turner back in.

I've never had any pip the wrong end before. And once he started leaking the humidity went from 65 to almost 80 and I couldn't stabilize it. I lost some before to the high humidity goo because I didn't intervene and they suffocated. I think he was full of goo before hand though. This stuff was really watery and I think bloody a bit. I had to bust open a lot of shell to get his head out and that's when he decided he was going to hatch exposed yolk and all.

I always worry did I make the right call. He was bubbling in the goo and I figured if I didn't do something he would suffocate. But I was worried he might hatch with exposed yolk, though I'm not sure if getting his head lose would have caused him to want to kick free premature or not.

Never had this happen before. He did seem to have a messed up leg from being malpositioned. His head was down by his butt and not where it should have been in the egg.

Back
Top Bottom