Chick pooping blood

The vaccinated 3 have been vaccined against Mareks, Infectious Bronchitus, Newcastles and Common Mircoplasma. Then i've been giving them all medicated feed too.
From what i can see it's only the 1 chick pooping blood, i put it by itself last night and had it on kitchen paper so i could have a good look at its droppings in the morning...

Not all where like this, its was about half and half.
I've looked in the brooder too and theres no bloody droppings in there, so is it possible to have only the 1 chick with Cocci? Or will the others have it but not be showing the symptoms yet? Do you think them being on antibiotics has cancelled out the medicated feed and that's why they've ended up with cocci? So confused how they've ended up with this because their brooder is immaculate, not wet at all and i have the window open close to the brooder too so they get plenty of airflow, plus with giving them medicated food!
I'm in the UK.
I haven't seen any discharge from any of their noses yet but a couple seem crackerly, like a baby with a blocked up nose trying to breath. Obviously having them on antibiotics has done absolutely bugger all.
barnie.gif
So many problems, it's just one thing after another with this lot!!!

I couldn't find any shops locally that sold coccidiosis treatments so i've ended up going to my local farm vets. They were super helpful and looked at my chick, looked at a poo sample under the microscope and then gave me 4 syringes with the measurements of the treatment that i needed. Have been told i'll be billed at the end of the month....knowing how steep the vet prices are, i'm not looking forward to that invoice! Ah well, at least it'll sort it out
fl.gif

I have no experience with coccidiosis vaccine, but have read from others that when you feed medicated feed with amprollium, that it will cancel out the vaccine. That being said, it's good that you recognized the bloody stools and have gooten treatment. What medication did your vet prescribe? There are several different ones used around the world such as amprollium (Corid, Ampromed, Coxoid,) sulfadimethoxine (Albon, Di-Methox,) and toltrazuril (Baycox.) If one chick is having coccidia, then others may just not be sick enough to show symptoms. All chickens should be treated. Let us know how they do.

The vet has given me Baycox, she said that the medicated feed will still 'work' even with them on Baycox. Will update soon with results
thumbsup.gif

Couple days ago my 11 wk chick had bloody stool. I immediately started on with corid and now the blood is almost gone from her poop. But my concern is for my older chickens which are 21 wks old. They initially did not have any bloody stool but there was bloody wet diarrhea the next day after I had started the treatment. It's been 3 days since I started the treatment and there is still bloody stool from them. How long before I get worried or how long before the bloody stool should be gone. They are not acting any different, eating like crazy, playing, chasing each other and dust bathing like nothing is different. Their combs and wattles are also red and not pale. Am I being too worried about this?

Couple days ago my 11 wk chick had bloody stool. I immediately started on with corid and now the blood is almost gone from her poop. But my concern is for my older chickens which are 21 wks old. They initially did not have any bloody stool but there was bloody wet diarrhea the next day after I had started the treatment. It's been 3 days since I started the treatment and there is still bloody stool from them. How long before I get worried or how long before the bloody stool should be gone. They are not acting any different, eating like crazy, playing, chasing each other and dust bathing like nothing is different. Their combs and wattles are also red and not pale. Am I being too worried about this?

Do you have Corid powder or Corid liquid?

-Kathy

I gave corid liquid which was started Wednesday this week and now it's Saturday. The younger ones hAve no blood in stool but the older ones still have some. But now I hear a little bit of rattling from her nose.

I'm confused by this post. I just read a link on another post that included photos of normal poo and I was under the impression some pink is ok cuz they apparently sometimes poop intestinal lining??? Is this untrue or are we talking about straight up dark red blood?

Back
Top Bottom