Emergency! Blood in poop?

Eggsandbeyond

Songster
Apr 13, 2023
This is the only one I have seen with blood?? in it. I did see some small sharp looking pieces of something the other day (glass or maybe some type of rocks?) My chickens free range. So don't attack me. I love my chickens and want to make sure they're okay. Is this blood tinged and what could cause this? They were all on medicated feed and I have some young ones that are still on medivated feed and they steal theirs sometimes. Please help. I have no idea if they ate glass and where it could have been I have so much land that they roam. They have had runnier poops than normal I have noticed but I've been giving them Oatmeal and more snacks once a week or so and assumed it was that and cut back on the snacks. Help!

This is the only one I have seen with blood?? in it. I did see some small sharp looking pieces of something the other day (glass or maybe some type of rocks?) My chickens free range. So don't attack me. I love my chickens and want to make sure they're okay. Is this blood tinged and what could cause this? They were all on medicated feed and I have some young ones that are still on medivated feed and they steal theirs sometimes. Please help. I have no idea if they ate glass and where it could have been I have so much land that they roam. They have had runnier poops than normal I have noticed but I've been giving them Oatmeal and more snacks once a week or so and assumed it was that and cut back on the snacks. Help!

Want to add, can they get cococcidia while eating medicated feed?
You have replies on your other thread.

Yes, they can still have Coccidiosis while eating medicated feed.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/cocidia-help.1605764/

Back
Top Bottom