Chicken ate my earrings. Need advice.

Pics
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is possible the post could pierce/perforate the gizzard and that could be fatal (ex-vet here). Do you have any friends or family in the medical field you know who could snap an xray to see where it is, and see if it moves down the GI tract?

One of my banties went after my wedding ring the other day, lol. I was like, um NO, you can have some scratch though! Hope your chook is OK~

No, but I could take her to our vet. I can't wait to see the look on my husband's face.

Oh no, I hope it isn't stuck. My earring wasn't pointy and the back was closed when it was eaten. It was also eaten by a hen not a roo so I had bigger and more poops to sift. If you can do like is suggested get an xray.The only other advice I can give is fruit. Fruit is your friend when it comes to making poops, my hen is probably melon flavored.

Oh no, I hope it isn't stuck. My earring wasn't pointy and the back was closed when it was eaten. It was also eaten by a hen not a roo so I had bigger and more poops to sift. If you can do like is suggested get an xray.The only other advice I can give is fruit. Fruit is your friend when it comes to making poops, my hen is probably melon flavored.

Thank you! Penelope does love nectarines. I'll give her a fruit salad!

I'm a new chicken person so I wasn't fully aware of how dumb I was to continue wearing my diamond studs daily while handling chickens.

I was cuddling with my 9 week BR and feeding it treats when it just snatched my earring right out of my ear and while I was freaking out about that it got the other one too.

My husband thinks it's a roo and wants to kill it immediately! :eek:
He's been tolerant of my chickens up to this point but he's really mad now y'all.

I have it in a seperate area away from the other chickens with plenty of food, treats and water and am hoping that the earrings will pass quickly.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How long does it take? What kind of complications or symptoms should I watch for? How do I calm my husband down?
Grab a shovel and start scooping... Before hubby grabs a neck and starts plucking!:)

Agreed. Also keep an eye for blood in poop I think...I mean it is funny on one hand but there is a consideration of danger....on the other.

I did a lot of stapling on my coop to put on electric fence and I SURE ran around and pulled out/picked up loose staples...and same on other staple projects....again SHINY!

Haha, I laughed the other day and one of my chickens started pecking my teeth, LOL! They're not very smart. :)

2017-07-21 14.15.55.jpg

We are out of nectarines (because s/he ate them all) but she also likes tomatoes, squash and apparently leftover pancakes. My dog isn't happy about that last one.

2017-07-21 14.18.13.jpg

She made a giant, healthy looking poo right on the puppy pad but nothing sparkly so far. Back into quarantine (with her plate of goodies and a full bowl of food/grit/water!)

See you in a few hours!

View attachment 1085268
We are out of nectarines (because s/he ate them all) but she also likes tomatoes, squash and apparently leftover pancakes. My dog isn't happy about that last one.

View attachment 1085269

She made a giant, healthy looking poo right on the puppy pad but nothing sparkly so far. Back into quarantine (with her plate of goodies and a full bowl of food/grit/water!)

See you in a few hours!
SEE YOU

Back
Top Bottom