CHICKEN BREED DISCUSSION THREAD!!

Ok here is names of white silkie breeders in PA.

William G. Bender Jr. in Greenville PA

Julianne Doss in Cambridge Springs PA

Danielle Woeckner in Erie PA

Hope some of them r close to u!!

Could u find any more they are all about three to four hours away I'm in central pa I am in McVeytown pa that's in central but central pa is a large area the farthest I can drive is about and hour

Well they were to be for a breeding pen and I was hoping to find a breeder if I could so they weren't from hatcherys but I will settle for what I have and maybe later down the road get a few show quality silkies for more people to maybe be interested but I only wanted silkies because they are calm birds and I don't really care about production I already have so many eggs in the fridge I don't know what to do with so they are calling my name I think I am just going to get a few and see how I like them and if I don't like them I will sell them and find a breeder and maybe have them shipped to me but that might be a while I might just wait and see how I like them but I think I am just going to see how I like them

My Silkies are/were hatchery quality and "calm" is most definitely NOT how I would describe them. All of the cockerels turned pretty aggressive and had to be culled. My only hen, Didi, is adorable and actually quite affectionate, but she's always quite nervous around the large breed fowl and keeps with her small group of bantams. She is also notoriously good at attracting the affections of the largest cockerels/roosters in the yard.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom