Chicken Breed Focus - Ameraucana

Pics

Got a first egg out of this girly today. It's blue one. It's fun finding out what you get out of your girls when they're mixed like that.

Congratulations on getting your 1st egg from her! The first egg is always exciting.

I'll have to add some images later. We just started raising chickens and have 3 Ameraucana's 2 hens and a rooster. They seem to be pretty mild mannered when it comes to us. We also have a Wyandotte rooster (and 4 hens that aren't of laying age yet) that is dominated by the Ameraucana.

Hi I have an Ameraucana, she is lovely but was having a tough time being bullied by one of the ducks, a drake who singled her out and bullied her, quite viciously too, she has lost a lot of her back feathers due to this treatment. He wouldnt touch any of the other hens or rooster just her, anyone have any idea why this would be?? They are now seperated so he wont be bothering her again. she is lovely, black brown and bearded. Are they good flyers? I trimmed her wing and still she manages to fly over the pen fence.

Hi I have an Ameraucana, she is lovely but was having a tough time being bullied by one of the ducks, a drake who singled her out and bullied her, quite viciously too, she has lost a lot of her back feathers due to this treatment. He wouldnt touch any of the other hens or rooster just her, anyone have any idea why this would be?? They are now seperated so he wont be bothering her again. she is lovely, black brown and bearded. Are they good flyers? I trimmed her wing and still she manages to fly over the pen fence.
Drakes can and will breed with chicken[hens] so it's always a good thing to having separate areas for both. It can be a death sentence for the hen. Separating them was a good idea on your part. Sometimes drakes and hens can live peacefully if the drake has plenty of ducks to shower his attentions on but if they were all raised together he still may try to mate with the hens.

Tonks is a pretty girl, who knows who is digging up the worms, sounds like she is still laying well for her age if she is still doing four eggs a week, that is nice to know.
She has always laid four a week during her laying months.

Good morning! I just got these two last night. They were sold to me as Ameraucanas, but I'm thinking they are EE. They are super scared and skittish right now, so I am hoping they calm down a little. They are in isolation right now, I wormed them and dusted them for mites. They are missing tail feathers and they are bald on their backs. I'm not sure if they were getting picked on by other hens or a rooster or both. They came from a big chicken farm.

Fingers crossed they calm down because they are pretty cute with their beards. :)

Very pretty EE girls, good luck with them, hope they make a full recovery and thank you with lots of beautiful eggs!

Back
Top Bottom