Chicken Breed Focus - Ameraucana

Pics
I've really been enjoying see all the Ameraucana bird photos (and hope to see more) but could someone please post a photo of the blue eggs they are getting from these girls?
X2 Yes, please! We have to see some of those gorgeous eggs too.

I've really been enjoying see all the Ameraucana bird photos (and hope to see more) but could someone please post a photo of the blue eggs they are getting from these girls?

X2 Yes, please! We have to see some of those gorgeous eggs too.

Here was the first egg I received from my hen when she began laying!
In comparison to one of my Buff Orpington's egg...

From then on, my Ameraucana hen has laid very light 'Robin Egg Blue' colored eggs just about every other day or so.

That's beautiful @RubyPriestess ! And a good size too for a pullet egg.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif

@sumi : Thank you for the welcome!
Figured it was time to just join instead of stalking and checking in from afar.

And yes, pullet! Still learning the chicken language.

While Americanas have red earlobes, what about the Arucanas? I got EEs as part of my first batch of chicks 6 years ago and one of them has blue earlobes. Isn't that a Silky trait?

I just wanted say how lovely all these birds are and thank you to everyone posting pics here!! Keep em' coming!!

And thank you for putting this project together. I need to sharpen my skills on Breed ID's and this is really going to help me greatly!
smile.png

I just wanted say how lovely all these birds are and thank you to everyone posting pics here!! Keep em' coming!!

And thank you for putting this project together. I need to sharpen my skills on Breed ID's and this is really going to help me greatly!
smile.png

x2!

Plus, I've been keeping a "wish list" of future breeds I'd like to try some day and maybe this will help narrow it down (or just make it longer, ha!).

Good morning. Here's some blue Araucana bantams egg's getting ready for incubation. I googled the earlobs on a chicken and seems to me it is from the silky and I didn't know that.
I think it's very unique trait of the EE's. Could be in the blood line? Cause looks like not all EE's have them. Neat. Have a great day to all and Good Cluck.

Back
Top Bottom