Chicken Breed Focus - Australorp

Pics
@BlueBaby We got lucky with Godzilla hes a real pretty Australorp.I know a guy that has looked at him and said hes great. He just sounds like a dang goose right now lol.

Last edited:
@BlueBaby We got lucky with Godzilla hes a real pretty Australorp.I know a guy that has looked at him and said hes great. He just sounds like a dang goose right now lol.

I'm happy for you in finding a good one. I had to order some fertile eggs from Kurt on here to hatch out some SOP BBS Australorps. I ended up with 3 total- 1 splash cockerel, 1 splash pullet, and 1 blue pullet. They are now 3 months old.

I'm happy for you in finding a good one. I had to order some fertile eggs from Kurt on here to hatch out some SOP BBS Australorps. I ended up with 3 total- 1 splash cockerel, 1 splash pullet, and 1 blue pullet. They are now 3 months old.

My step daughter has a blue pullet if only she were black lol.

My step daughter has a blue pullet if only she were black lol.

Wow! I wanted a blue cockerel, but will have to wait until my splash cockerel is old enough to start breeding with some of my black hens to get more blues, and I will put the splash pullet with him also. I also have a black rooster that I am planning to put with my 1 blue pullet when they are old enough, and keep a couple of my black hens in with him too. I should get plenty of the blacks and blues, and some splashes out of the matches.

Last edited:
Yes he does we are having problems finding show quality birds in Florida or even figuring out what breed he would like. He is all over thee place on birds lol.

Aww well hopefully he can decide and you can find some birds! I too am all over with the breeds i want lol

I know what you mean about show quality ones in this breed being hard to find. Most people that I have seen that do have the Australorps over here have had the pinched tails on them.

Wow! I guess that I need to give an update on mine over here, since it's been almost a year now since this thread has been posted in...

I bought 3 more breeder's Australorps from a guy named Chase, who had gotten a hold of the last of the original Hupp Farms line. I bought 2 Blue hens, and a Black hen from him. I have done a few hatching of all of my breeder's Australorps now, and I have finally gotten a good Blue Australorp rooster! I currently have a broody Splash Australorp hen who I just gave 4 eggs to, to test her out. Those will be due to hatch out on July 7th, if all goes well.

BlueBaby, hows it going with the chicks?

I bumped this thread with my last post. No one has posted in it for 11 months now. I happened to come back across it.

The chicks have been doing well. I haven't been hatching big batches yet, and I have been able to sell them pretty fast around here. I still have two 6-week old chicks left right now that are available (1 Black, 1 Blue), and my broody hen is sitting on 4 eggs that I gave her earlier today that should be hatching out on July 7th.

How are yours coming along now?

They're doing great. The grandkids are coming to see them tomorrow. The kids asked their mom if they could each have a chick. She told them "yes, but they have to live at grandma's". 3 year old granddaughter insisted on making sure this was ok with grandma. I told her to be thinking of chicken names, so she could name her chick. What they don't know, is when they get here, I will let each one of them pick a chick, then I will paint a couple toenails on it with nail polish, in the color they choose. That way they will be able to tell which one is theirs. Gotta love those grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom