Chicken Breed Focus - Australorp

Pics
I'm collecting more eggs to hatch. When I was gathering them for the last hatch, I was storing them in the garage. Apparently it got too hot out there, which is why I got such a low hatch rate. I can't complain tho. The 4 I got are flourishing.

I'm collecting more eggs to hatch. When I was gathering them for the last hatch, I was storing them in the garage. Apparently it got too hot out there, which is why I got such a low hatch rate. I can't complain tho. The 4 I got are flourishing.

More little chicks coming up, then! If I remember right, you only have the Black Australorps over there?

Well, last night I went out there just as the sun was going to go down. Precious was out in the pen with the rest of the flock. It looked like some color was starting to come back into her comb and wattle. Then I seen her get up there where the rest of them all roost at night. Today when I went out there, she was still out there with the others in the pen, and even more color was now in her comb and wattles. I guess that she gave it up, so I threw away those 4 eggs that I had given to her because I really didn't want to do a hatch with it being this hot over here.

Well, last night I went out there just as the sun was going to go down. Precious was out in the pen with the rest of the flock. It looked like some color was starting to come back into her comb and wattle. Then I seen her get up there where the rest of them all roost at night. Today when I went out there, she was still out there with the others in the pen, and even more color was now in her comb and wattles. I guess that she gave it up, so I threw away those 4 eggs that I had given to her because I really didn't want to do a hatch with it being this hot over here.

I'm in the process of hatching chicks out from my flock right now in my incubator. I will be looking for some SOP Blacks from a different bloodline so that they will not be too closely related to mine. Do you sell chicks or hatching eggs?

I'm in the process of hatching chicks out from my flock right now in my incubator. I will be looking for some SOP Blacks from a different bloodline so that they will not be too closely related to mine. Do you sell chicks or hatching eggs?

I think you meant to reply to this rather than yourself?

True. I have SOP Black Australorps. I decided to stick with these only, and try to do justice to the breed.

@getaclue

Back
Top Bottom