Chicken Breed Focus - d'Uccle bantams

That is much like the way I pronounce it, but I have had people insist it's pronounced ''Dew-clay''
The Wikipedia link only has a listen button for the Dutch Pronunciation. I asked a Belgian once how to pronounce and he said "doo clay' which I believe would be the French pronunciation.

I am considering adding d'Uccle's this fall and an wondering how high they typically fly? Our current set up has a very large fenced yard that the chickens have free range in but our fences are only 6 feet high. We live in town and all the fences border neighbors yards that are definitely not chicken "safe". There is no way to cover the entire area but I could build a smaller coop and covered run for them if that would be a better option. Thoughts?

I have one d,uccle and I love her, she is one of the only ones in my flock that goes broody. I'm wanting to hatch more but different colors. Does anyone here sell fertile eggs?

I have one d,uccle and I love her, she is one of the only ones in my flock that goes broody. I'm wanting to hatch more but different colors. Does anyone here sell fertile eggs?
What color is she? I have eggs, but only one female. TJChickens has 3 varieties. I got Porcelains from her and they are thriving.

What color is she? I have eggs, but only one female. TJChickens has 3 varieties. I got Porcelains from her and they are thriving.
I think she is lavender colored, I was really wanting some of those mille fleur colored ones to hatch!! But I'm not sure how many colors they can be, lol what color is your hen.

I think she is lavender colored, I was really wanting some of those mille fleur colored ones to hatch!! But I'm not sure how many colors they can be, lol what color is your hen.
I have mature Mille Fleurs. If you'd like I can send you 3-4 eggs. I only have one female, but fertility is 100%. I wouldn't ship any more unless the buyer was willing to accept the risk of low hatch rates.

3 people have said TJ's Milles don't develop.

I have mature Mille Fleurs. If you'd like I can send you 3-4 eggs. I only have one female, but fertility is 100%. I wouldn't ship any more unless the buyer was willing to accept the risk of low hatch rates.

3 people have said TJ's Milles don't develop.
Otherwise I know a seller of 8+ MF eggs from high quality show stock. $40 total.
But I've lost every chick from them very quickly.

Thank you, that is the exact amount of eggs i wanted lol. How much would you charge with shipping in total. This would be my first time with shipped eggs but im aware of the risks, thanks you for your help.
$27 total for 3 eggs minimum. I can try to include an extra if I have one. If you can PM me your zip code, I can work out the best ship date to comply with temperature on both ends. :) My payment option is PayPal.

Back
Top Bottom