Chicken Breed Focus - Hamburg

You've got that right!
263a.png

Haha!
1f602.png
I'm well acquainted with that hysterical molting stage. Alex isn't looking too great at the moment herself!

-Alex
Lol! I know the feeling.
hugs.gif

We've also wondered about this. We keep our Hamburgs in a separate coop because of this. Our other roos are very large compared to the girls and I fear that they might cause damage to the Hamburg hens while treading. If I get a roo that isn't TOO much larger I might attempt it, but it would have to be the right breed and the right size. 

I love my Hamburgs, they are small compared to a lot of breeds, but that is part of their charm, so I don't feel the need to experiment at the expense of the girls. 
yeah, that's understandable. Wouldn't want to hurt one of the girls! Can't help but wonder what they would come out like if you mixed them with a light brahma though! Maybe if the Hamburg was the cock... Although... Dunno if he could manage to climb aboard! Hah!

yeah, that's understandable. Wouldn't want to hurt one of the girls! Can't help but wonder what they would come out like if you mixed them with a light brahma though! Maybe if the Hamburg was the cock... Although... Dunno if he could manage to climb aboard! Hah!
Lol! Right!

I'll bet that would be a beautiful combination!

I am very partial to black and white chickens. I have some mottled houdan about 12 weeks old and I have ordered some silver spangled hamburgs, silver spitzhauben and silver laced polish. I think I will be happy with them. Plenty of eye candy to enjoy.:):yesss:

I read the title too quickly and thought it said “the humbug”. I came here to read about Scrooge chickens. 😅 😅 😅 I appreciate the beautiful chickens though!

This Hamburg we recieved as a surprise chick order from Murray McMurray and once we figured what it was,we planned on giving him away but he's turned out to be a gentleman and we'll probably order some hens in the spring to accomodate him.
Great looking bird.

20201226_112406.jpg
20201226_112323_HDR.jpg
20201226_112444.jpg

This is my younger sister holding our only Silver spangled Hamburg cockerel, Kermit AKA Kermie Worm. He came as the mystery chick in my order of 8 Easter Eggers from Mcmurray’s. He’s a teenager at the moment, but he sure is a beauty. I’m thinking about getting him some Hamburg ladies!
CA38C67D-9AE3-4803-B216-33357D9B8CA8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom