Chicken Breed Focus - Russian Orloff

They're a lot of good breeders of Russian Orloffs out there in the internet world. The posts above list a couple of places to go to that can either offer the birds/eggs for sale or you can visit our Orloff website for more ideas and people.

Ive hatched a few and kept one pullet who just started laying this month. Pale tan eggs about 4 a week . She is frisky and adventurous . I think she's beautiful .

How are they in heat? I love their look but don't want to put any in an environment (southern California inland) that would be bad for them.

anyone can answer that? we don't have real winters and summers are hot. I fell in love with this breed but I don't want to get the birds who cannot live in 105 f summer.

I know @gander007 has Russian Orloffs and lives Near Death Valley. Maybe he'll see this and chime in. Another member had some in Tuscon,AZ but thought it was too hot for them there and got rid of them.

Mine are doing fine here near Albuquerque, but we only get in the high 90's in the summer.

There are several breeders in Arizona with them. They much prefer it cold, but if you maintain kiddie pools and cool water, they seem to be successful. Mine pant when warm and the cold doesn't faze them. I'm in the PNW so we mostly have rain.

I know @gander007 has Russian Orloffs and lives Near Death Valley. Maybe he'll see this and chime in. Another member had some in Tuscon,AZ but thought it was too hot for them there and got rid of them.

Mine are doing fine here near Albuquerque, but we only get in the high 90's in the summer.

Yes I have a few chicks from 10 to 14 week old not sure how many but a few ....

Back
Top Bottom