Chicken Breed Focus - Russian Orloff

I am very interested in this breed but I won't buy anything from Ideal Hatchery. Would much rather get chicks or a young trio from a good breeder.

That sounds like a very good plan. There are some great breeders out there - hopefully someone will be able to ship you some birds.
smile.png

That sounds like a very good plan. There are some great breeders out there - hopefully someone will be able to ship you some birds.
smile.png

I just subscribed to the Poultry Press....I doubt it but there might be someone advertising in it. No matter...I've been thinking of subscribing for a long time.

Do you know anyone who ships? I don't mess with shipped eggs, for all the reasons every one is familiar with.

I have malay and easter egger breeds the rooster is a malay and was mating with an EE hen when let out of the coops (malay coop and EE coop) I hatched some eggs this year and I think that 1 of those eggs was the malay and EE mated egg and almost look like those orloffs cant show pics as I soled him good price of 60 dollars

I have malay and easter egger breeds the rooster is a malay and was mating with an EE hen when let out of the coops (malay coop and EE coop) I hatched some eggs this year and I think that 1 of those eggs was the malay and EE mated egg and almost look like those orloffs cant show pics as I soled him good price of 60 dollars
To get the (true?) Malay genes...some would have paid double that.

Russian Orloffs being dual-purpose were also traditionally used as a meat breed. Would anyone that has ever culled and eaten any be able to share their experience? Taste, texture, age at butchering and an idea of the type and amount of meat (such as more of a thigh-type or breast-type bird)?

Back
Top Bottom