Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

@Gwyllm wow that's hectic. Are they roof rats? We have lots of those at my boyfriends house, too. But no baby chooks and live in national park, so poison is not an option. I guess just at happy equilibrium at the moment with the snakes. Hope you get all the stink out now. And make sure they don't come back, so careful with the feed, etc. , but I am sure you do all of that already anyway.. Send pics of the new flock !!

@hedz82 I live next to a park so we have lots of different types of rats, mice, etc. but unfortunately not many snakes anymore so they aren't controlled at all on that side. Luckily the poison has done its job and there are no more rats so just hope it stays like that. Will be sure to when I eventually get eggs and they hatched out.

Hi Francois

I am in Plettenberg Bay and I am breeding Potchefstroom Koekoek, Boschvelder, Light Sussex, Black Australorp, Rhode Island Red, Silver Wyandotte and New Hampshire

Hi all, I couldn't get Pekin eggs, but my last girl had a good spout of laying just now so I have four eggs that I put under her, hopefully all hatch out and are girls, I'm candling tonight for the first time :fl
I can't seem to find more Pekins so I hope my current hatch will be enough to sustain this flock, though I did find some Australorps, among some other breeds, for very cheep from a guy I have bought from in the past, and his birds are good, so I want to but some Australorps to supplement my flock.

@hedz82 very interesting stuff :D
I wasn't able to get hose Australorps so now I'm sitting in a rut, can't find any affordable nice chickens that are close enough to home to get, on the the cape usually :( I after candling my eggs I've seen that they are growing well, expecting them to hatch his coming Friday, hope that they are girls

Latest update, both eggs hatched and look healthy. I found some nice orpingtons that were quite pricey but thought it would be better to just get some adults to get new flock started rather than struggling again with chicks. I got 7 of them today, all really nice looking birds, hope they settle in well. @whoop whoop so Raptor is officially a dad for the first time :D

Hi Francois

I live in Great Brakriver. I breed, incubate and hatch Boschveld chickens which I then sell at different ages.

Back
Top Bottom