Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Hello guys I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some fertile eggs or point of lay hens.
I am searching specifically for hi-line and lohmann brown chickens in Upington.

Latest update, both eggs hatched and look healthy. I found some nice orpingtons that were quite pricey but thought it would be better to just get some adults to get new flock started rather than struggling again with chicks. I got 7 of them today, all really nice looking birds, hope they settle in well. @whoop whoop so Raptor is officially a dad for the first time
big_smile.png
Nice one Gwyllm! Post some pics of those orps!!! And raptor's babies!

Hello

Yes this is a good way to tip your toes into the business. If this is a egg-lying F1 hybrid you should get good results. Do your research on the breed. Remember it's winter now so production without lighting will be terrible. Good lighting within the nesting area is needed and since its winter a little bit of green food will be helpful. Remember birds that are molting aren't in production ... Then you have to have the heart to let them go after one year.... This year is also a good time to raise your own hens for the next season and then you are in business. Good luck.

Hello folks.

I am looking for Coronation Colombian

Sussex Chickens. If anyone knows a good breeder in South Africa, please provide me with his/her details.

Hi. I'm Genadendal from the Overberg. Wanting to start with egg laying hens. The Free Range farm is willing to sell hens that are 16 months old for R30. Is this a good way to start
Thanks.
Get some koekoeks or boschvelders or something rather. they will lay less, but for many years and are much hardier and healthier. what kind are the ones the farm is selling?

Back
Top Bottom