Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

We had too many bees on our plot, so it didn't help with the honey harvest. We sold 15 hives and used the money to pay off on a loan that we had. now we only have 8 hives on the plot, and it's on the house's roof now, instead of standing on the ground, where the chickens can disturb them.

My husband is also trying the Forex market now, but he is still struggling a little. Winning some, losing some. We haven't really made anything yet.

I got my diploma in photography and wedding photography during the last 2 months of last year, and am so excited to have taken my first lightning pictures with this rain, also got nice cloud pictures. Still need to work on my post production, but I am learning. Want to leave the afternoon work I have now and do more Photography, but need to get my camera equipment up to bits first (my baby broke open the camera bag and jammed both lenses! Auto focus are not working, but luckily I can still focus manually).

I don't really have the facilities for chicks, unless they are a little older already. I am a bit lazy raising the chicks myself lol. I leave that for the hens to do! But I wouldn't mind some eggs! I gave one silky to someone I know and they have had a great success with their 4 little chickens. In less than a year, they have 20 chickens now. They don't live on a plot, but stay on a yard in Kempton Park, so now they want to give the rest of the eggs to me as they can't get it over their heart to EAT it hahaha. I will only see them on Monday. Can't wait. I also asked my brother-in-law to ask one of his friends for eggs. Will see what we can collect.

Good luck at the police station. Hope they got the right guy!

I also have to go now. Chat again later

Hi,I do hope that your hubby isn't doing the binary options thing because it is a big hoax you loose much more than you win and when you do win they don't pay you out. I tried it and made quite a bit but couldn't the money back. Just telling you!

Congrats on the diploma that is amazing I love taking pics too - but not remotely expert. It is quite an expensive hobby, but have seen some nice lenses on bid or buy that are quite reasonable.

I've got eggs but only bantam ones (they stuff up your cooking big time) I never know if two bantam eggs equal a large or extra large lol

Anyway have a great weekend

Sorry, not fun, but I'm glad they got the guys at least. Sometimes it looks like they're not doing anything.

We're probably the only area that hasn't been hit too hard by the drought. It's been a little dryer than usual but we've still had plenty of rain. One corner of the run is permanently damp, and the chickens like to dust there to cool down
big_smile.png
I am enjoying them so much, it was only for a few weeks but I really missed my chickens.
I know, once you get the 'bug' you are hooked for life. There is just something so special about chooks even NN's
smile.png

The Randburg Police are very good but are overwhelmed, under trained and under resourced thanks to Mutant Turtle Zuma lol

Anyway have a great weekend - are NN's a breed? or is she just unique?

Hi,I do hope that your hubby isn't doing the binary options thing because it is a big hoax you loose much more than you win and when you do win they don't pay you out.  I tried it and made quite a bit but couldn't the money back.  Just telling you!

Congrats on the diploma that is amazing I love taking pics too - but not remotely expert.  It is quite an expensive hobby, but have seen some nice lenses on bid or buy that are quite reasonable.

I've got eggs but only bantam ones (they stuff up your cooking big time) I never know if two bantam eggs equal a large or extra large lol

Anyway have a great weekend

Nope, a few people tried getting him on the binary options thing, but he said from the beginning, it looks like trouble. He's only on forex.

I will need to save up first to get new equipment. Need a new laptop as well. For now, I'm still learning and perfecting my styles.

I was actually thinking of getting a few bantams for hatching purposes. They seem to be good incubators hahaha. Go broody often and lay lots of eggs as well. Want to get a few and then put the bigger eggs under them so the other can still lay eggs, while we get more chicks and expand our flock.

Have a great weekend yourself as well.

Nope, a few people tried getting him on the binary options thing, but he said from the beginning, it looks like trouble. He's only on forex.

I will need to save up first to get new equipment. Need a new laptop as well. For now, I'm still learning and perfecting my styles.

I was actually thinking of getting a few bantams for hatching purposes. They seem to be good incubators hahaha. Go broody often and lay lots of eggs as well. Want to get a few and then put the bigger eggs under them so the other can still lay eggs, while we get more chicks and expand our flock.

Have a great weekend yourself as well.
phew
ep.gif
I was worried, good for hubby, he has knowse! I made 600$ and couldn't get it out at all absolute scam.

Anyway Yes Bantams are the best incubators mine are permanently broody so I pop the Sebright eggs under them and they don't know the diff and are really happy. Unfortunately Sebrights don't seem to be very broody or lay a lot of eggs, so any I get, I whip under a pekin. Works a dream. I so agree about letting chooks do the thing I could never be bothered with the incubator thing and plus with our power cuts god knows what would hatch lol

There are quite a few competitions about for best phot in mags and papers you must check and enter can win moola - lots of luck

Hi chameleon How you doing? I look up NN's and they come from something called Turken - never heard of it -you will have to breed and start selling honestly don't think there are many here!

Hi chameleon How you  doing? I look up NN's and they come from something called Turken - never heard of it -you will have to breed and start selling honestly don't think there are many here!

Doing great here thanks. Yeah, especially Bantam NN I think are pretty rare, and she's survived so much and never been sick so she would be really good to breed with. I'll have to look into that. She went broody again yesterday so I really really hope some of her eggs will hatch. Bantams really are amazing broodies, this one goes broody as soon as she hits 11 eggs every time like clockwork.
How are you doing?

Last edited:
Doing great here thanks. Yeah, especially Bantam NN I think are pretty rare, and she's survived so much and never been sick so she would be really good to breed with. I'll have to look into that. She went broody again yesterday so I really really hope some of her eggs will hatch. Bantams really are amazing broodies, this one goes broody as soon as she hits 11 eggs every time like clockwork.
How are you doing?
I know pekin cochins don't stop and they are amazing mothers. I am so happy for you, whose the dad?lol I hope they hatch too, need lots of pics. NN is an amazing chook real Boer stock
thumbsup.gif

Just had to take Xara my Black Russian (dog) to the vet - she is panting and drooling all over the place - anyway its her liver - after 3000 R later - ubering with a dog was not easy had to bribe the driver to take me, She is on the orijen food but now have to give rice and chicken tiny amounts four times a day - think I will get my homeopath on it and she worked wonders on my cat Beast who was really sick. Honestly having animals and loving them so much is a nightmare - just wish they would talk
smile.png

I know pekin cochins don't stop and they are amazing mothers. I am so happy for you, whose the dad?lol I hope they hatch too, need lots of pics. NN is an amazing chook real Boer stock
thumbsup.gif

Just had to take Xara my Black Russian (dog) to the vet - she is panting and drooling all over the place - anyway its her liver - after 3000 R later - ubering with a dog was not easy had to bribe the driver to take me, She is on the orijen food but now have to give rice and chicken tiny amounts four times a day - think I will get my homeopath on it and she worked wonders on my cat Beast who was really sick. Honestly having animals and loving them so much is a nightmare - just wish they would talk
smile.png

Sorry, I hope Xara will be ok. I know what you mean, I have a Siamese cat and I have a feeling the vet botched her spaying. I really wish she could tell me how she's feeling. She's been complaining a lot lately but I just don't know what she's on about.

This was NN's partner until the neighbour's dog killed him. I'm hoping some of the first eggs she layed will be fertilised by him. Otherwise the only other possibility would be one of the landlords big red roosters, I don't know what they are, but she doesn't normally let them near her.

Sorry, I hope Xara will be ok. I know what you mean, I have a Siamese cat and I have a feeling the vet botched her spaying. I really wish she could tell me how she's feeling. She's been complaining a lot lately but I just don't know what she's on about.

This was NN's partner until the neighbour's dog killed him. I'm hoping some of the first eggs she layed will be fertilised by him. Otherwise the only other possibility would be one of the landlords big red roosters, I don't know what they are, but she doesn't normally let them near her.

Wow he is/was a handsome guy - I hope they are his eggs, a little legacy left behind. What a crying shame the neighbour's dog sounds really nasty. Unfortunately dogs love chasing things. I am so sorry for you. Your poor cat, I have a Burmese cat all the orientals are so lovely and chatty. How long ago did she get spayed? maybe she has a wee infection it is quite common if they are not clean when they operate, some vets just churn animals in and out for bucks without any care for them. It took me years to find a really good one.

Xara is much better thanks, I got my homeopath on it and she has given some stuff and she is much more peaceful today. I haven't walked her for days a bit scared because of these roaming gangs, will just have to pluck up courage and do it, as she and zenky have put on weight which is not good in big dogs.

I hope the chicks are doing well, keep them away from that dog and do hope NN gets to hatch now she has a place of her own.

Back
Top Bottom