Chicken coop and run! (First coop)

Silkie88

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Hi guys, i built this coop by my self 3-4 months ago and would like to share it with you :) I curently have some quail in it, but i will be putting 6 silkies and 2 plymoth barred rocks in it, in 2 weeks!! Please take into consideration that im only 15 and have no carpentry experiance. Thanks for barring with me ;) heer it is!
=

Last edited:
I like it, I would have made it a touch taller so I wouldn't have to bend one as much to look in. I do see some gaps around the nest boxes that could allow unwanted animals in at night Id try and tighten that up a bit and prob also put down some more hay or wood chips.
Once again nice job.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, and its funny you mention the height i was going to suggest in the video to make it taller but it slipped my mind! :) take care.

Looks nice! I'd put some shavings in the bottom of the coop itself, it'll help them from tracking poo into the nest boxes. You put a lot of thought into the details and it shows. :thumbsup

Looks nice! I'd put some shavings in the bottom of the coop itself, it'll help them from tracking poo into the nest boxes. You put a lot of thought into the details and it shows.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot for a great comment!! That makes sense guess im off to the feed store :)

Back
Top Bottom