Chicken cut/rubbed terribly! PLEASE HELP!

Thats too bad :( I am sorry for your loss...

Gloria's back is looking fantastic while now she appears to have contracted bumblefoot :S I have had an eye on it for a while now and have soaked in Epsom everyday for a while now but it has evolved. My chicken partner and I will try to remove it with tweezers on Saturday (fingers crossed) and otherwise I have watched so many videos on bumblefoot surgery as well as having a source for sterilized tools and antibiotics.

Thats too bad
sad.png
I am sorry for your loss...

Gloria's back is looking fantastic while now she appears to have contracted bumblefoot :S I have had an eye on it for a while now and have soaked in Epsom everyday for a while now but it has evolved. My chicken partner and I will try to remove it with tweezers on Saturday (fingers crossed) and otherwise I have watched so many videos on bumblefoot surgery as well as having a source for sterilized tools and antibiotics.

Thanks about Dottie, I fell in love with her the first day. She was a beautiful GLW like Gloria.
It sounds like you are prepared and ready for the bumble foot surgery! It would be cool if you document it with pics and procedures and put it in your signature. Updates and pics of that and her back now?
sad.png

I have a bad picture of her possible bumblefoot. I will dig it up and post it here, I will also try and video the whole procedure and then screenshot!

Gloria is up and running and doing well, most of her feathers are back in but for a tiny bit covered in pin feathers. I "tweezers" her foot but I believe I left a little in, however she is mere weeks away from being re-integrated into our flock! We are going to take out the bully hens and change up the pecking order at the same time so things are up and moving! I will re-tweezers her foot and then we shall see! Waiting for her first egg!

Gloria has laid her first egg and is going outside, she is not with her flock yet and we still have some pinfeathers growing. We have put the bullied SLW in with her (Atilla) and they are doing well!

However, the other day I noticed Gloria limping so I checked again for bumble foot and it is all gone, no inflammation, soreness or colour difference, however I did notice that the back toe was looser to wiggle back and forth than the other toe, I am thinking broken or slipped tendon? If anyone has any idea I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom