Chicken diapers, saddles & turkey saddles UPDATED 1/16/08

No problem. Looks odd, I know, like I'm playing dress-up with my girls, LOL. Lexie hates hers, but Ginger acts like it's part of her now. I do remove them from time to time to put a fresh one on them and wash the other ones.

whats the purpose of the diaper...I mean not the obvious, but so you can bring them inside? That would be fun!!
smile.png

I want some
smile.png

do you have to wait till they are full grown?

do you have sizes or is it one size fits all
idunno.gif

I lived through 3 tennagers @ one time! Have another 2 still home
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
The saddles help keep the roo from ripping out the hen's feathers and his nails and spurs from shredding her skin to ribbons.

There is a post today from WindyOaks with her pullet that is featherless and gashed from the spurs. Not a pretty sight.

Your right ms prissy, it is not a pretty sight... perfect example of why you need to get a saddle!!!!!!! my poor girl... I'm still UPSET!!! Oh well... I am just about done with my saddle and as soon as her feathers start growing back... I will definatley put one on her!!!! Here is the link... perfect example!!! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22379

EDITED
TO ADD~ WARNING GRAPHIC PICS AT MY POST

Last edited:
2mnypets I got my chicken diaper yesterday!! I love it - Zela looks so cute! Did I put it on her right? She fluffs and scratches her chest and shoulder feathers a lot- will she eventually get used to the diaper or did I put it on wrong? I hope she gets used to it.

2064349658_dafb9a95a3.jpg

Stylish girl
2064357196_886533882e.jpg

Back
2063560431_2d7d788472.jpg

Top - before I released her wings
tongue.png
poor girl!!
2064360880_7c2e01e4bf.jpg

Top - after I released her wings
2063572347_c29be86342.jpg

'This is itchy!'
2063575653_99ef64cf08.jpg

Ok this is gross, but this is what the diaper collected after only 15 mins.

Catalina I'm so happy that you got it and that you're pleased with it. Yes, it looks like you placed it on correctly. She is so sweet looking! It is amazing just how much it will collect. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a blessed New Year.

Hi again! I really love your chicken diapers. The quality is amazing.
I have a chicken diaper that I bought from someone else, but you have velcro on yours and the stitching is sooo much better.
Anyway do you have your Paypal account set up yet? I'd like to order a couple more diapers.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom