Chicken diapers, saddles & turkey saddles UPDATED 1/16/08

FarmerDenise I can make some small diapers that look like they would just about fit my girls I-Pods. They are so tiny. Bubba...camoflauge and blaze orange believe it or not was just the topic of discussion last night between my hubby and I. When I went to the fabric store the other day I saw the material and thought "now that would be kewl!" $12.99 a yard though, so I thought I would wait and see what people thought of my diapers and saddles before I bought some.

Thanks 2mnypets.
Butika looks about the same size as my little silky hen, because she has regular size feathers, but she is just so tiny. She has no meat on her,because it is nearly impossible for her to eat by herself.
Whenever I go to your site, I get kicked of the internet. Could we conduct business via email? I really could use at least one diaper for my little Buti.
denise

http://www.rockywoods.com/

I
think you might like some of their stuff. They do have good prices and a huge variety. I would love to see pictures if you get any done in camo!
big_smile.png

Bubba

Do you make or have you ever heard of a "chastity belt" BUT for the ROO??

I would love to figure out a way to be able to let all chickens together ...even the roos that you don't want to breed to the hens.

I have been wondering how those diapers worked. Now I have a question. When the diaper is on & they soil it will the poo be able to get on their feathers?

A lot of it depends on the consistency of the poo, how often you change the liners and how much feathers they have. Rootbeer never had any problems. But then again I was checking and changing frequently to ensure it wouldn't happen. It's a give and take for sure. That's why I decided to try and improve the ease of getting the diaper on with velcro rather than the safety pins. No one was ever around when it came time to change it. The velcro makes it easy for one hand closure of the flaps. Until your chicken gets used to wearing them, and having you put the diaper on, your other hand is going to be busy holding him or her. I guess it's the mother in me that tries to figure out simple solutions out of necessity.

Hi! I want to suprise my dad with a Booted Dutch Bantam for CHristmas and since I'm away for a little while I have time to get one! I've been looking for about a week now to no avail but i was wondering how much one would cost? Thank you so much! If this works out he'll be so happy, he's always wanted one but never gotten around to finding one. We have 10 other chickens as well.
Thanks!weee

Quote:
I'd like to order some chicken diapers and have tryed PM'ing you but no answer.
If anyone knows how to get in touch with 2mnypets I'd appreciate her e-mail address...Thanks

Back
Top Bottom