Chicken id Leg bands?

Thanks so much :) We looked at something like that but we were scared our guardian pup might lick those off. Our chickens and Emma have a special love relationship. lol

Thanks so much :) We looked at something like that but we were scared our guardian pup might lick those off. Our chickens and Emma have a special love relationship. lol

lol.png
My Corgi mix Dan wishes the chickens loved him as much as he loves them. He and my cats will clean each other, and Dan tries to catch the chickens so that he can lick them. Why would they not want a dog to lick them?!

Thank you so much for the great ideas! We have an odd assortment of chickens and raise some of our own so I have to keep straight which chicken is related to which others. I love the velcro and zip tie ideas as I already have multiple colors of both of those.

I use plastic zipties for baby chicks, but switch to these leather I.D. bands for juvenile & adult chickens since they're adjustable (with small, medium and large sizing all in one band) and fit almost any standard chicken breed. Hope that helps!

I use the soft rubber band type on the chicks, they are easy to change as the chicks grow, then change to the plastic spiral bands as they mature. Both come in many colors, and you can use a band on each leg if you want to id different individials and different hatching years.

I was doing a google search for leg bands and came across this. I think I am going to try to use the velcro idea it sounds easy and that way I can tell what rooster I want to keep. I have two favorites and one I can tell from the others but one I can't so I love this idea and its much cheaper then the leg id bands.

Thank you,
chicky

I would also like to know this!
The more I think on this idea the more I think there may be a toxicity issue here that may not be good for the chickens. I'd be afraid to try this. Not sure it would last that long either.... does wear off quick on me. But I wouldn't want my chickens eating any chips of nail polish. Wonder if there is lead or such that can hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom