Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Pics
Shellz I still cant get over how pretty basil is your so lucky :) Ya it has been a busy morning so far. I hope my kids will take a nap so I can too lol those chicks kept me awake almost all night haha

samsrI noticed that the hum has shot up its like 75% hope thats alright or should I air it out some?

Shellz I still cant get over how pretty basil is your so lucky :) Ya it has been a busy morning so far. I hope my kids will take a nap so I can too lol those chicks kept me awake almost all night haha

samsrI noticed that the hum has shot up its like 75% hope thats alright or should I air it out some?
That humidity is normal for durring the hatch. Just make sure the plugs are out of the top of the bator. Just do not remove the lid until you are sure they are done. Mine hatched 2 days early. 17 hatched within 24 hours. One just sat there. I removed the chicks a day later and left the remaining one egg in there for another 3 days. After the 3 extra days it was time for it to go.
Wait for the chicks to dry off completely and have a brooder ready. Wait until you are sure nothing else will hatch and then remove them. Good luck. How many did you start out with?

I started out with 18 eggs they were a mix of my fresh eggs and some out of the fridge I collected from the day before. I let them rest on their side for a day before placing them in the incubator. I candled at 5 days everyone had blood veins then again at 10 days 3 of them never grew past the veins. So I opened them up saw nothing and tossed them. 15 made it to lock down. I have had 7 hatch 4 have pipped and 4 are doing really nothing. They were all moving yesterday so I dont know maybe they are resting. I have not opened the incubator or help anyone out. I have set up my brooder and I am planning to move everyone over when the eggs that have pipped hatch as long as the other eggs havent pipped Fingers still crossed that the other four are ok :/

Well long day 12 out of 15 are hatched we will see what the next two days brings. I will post pics of the little fuzzies tomorrow its bed time for me lol Thanks again to everyone.
ya.gif

My EE and silkie cross. 3 weeks old
Im learning how to sex chickens , I am no expert but I am almost sure I got them right ! I can sex them by their wings when they are babies. (but I never got around to look ! ) , At 3 to 4 months old I look at their saddle feathers. Roosters have fuller feathers and starting to to grow over their backs, the pullets have little fluff and almost dont have any feathers under their wings. So far last summer , I hatched some "litter" and I got them right. I end up having 5 roosters, out of 10 . The top picture is a rooster, the bottom is pullet, in another picture I found out its a pullet. I hope This might help some, But it may not work for all breeds !! Have fun experimenting !!

Well still no pipping, peeping or rocking from the other three :/ Here are some pics of the little fuzzies

dont know why this guy is laying on his back lol he/she is not dead just thought it was pretty cute.

These are the dry ones I still have some in the incubator cause they hatched late and were still to wet to take out.

I will have more pics later I am off to chop down trees Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Well still no pipping, peeping or rocking from the other three :/ Here are some pics of the little fuzzies

dont know why this guy is laying on his back lol he/she is not dead just thought it was pretty cute.

These are the dry ones I still have some in the incubator cause they hatched late and were still to wet to take out.

I will have more pics later I am off to chop down trees Hope everyone has a good weekend!
aww! that little baby stretching its legs out !
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom