Chicken myths and old wives' tales, please!

Quote:
just a note: when trying to re-capture an ecaped hen, stamping your foot will make her stop and present! then grab her! I have done this several times to very good success... my 17yo son called once while we were out, telling us that one of the hens got out, I told him to get close and stamp his foot, this worked and he got her back in... you should have seen the look on his face later when i explained why this worked...IE what she expected him to do
ep.gif
lau.gif

I'll have to remember that next time I'm trying to catch one! Thanks!

Have to get things started for Christmas this year. Will take some Fla. time in March.

Remember, it is never too early to start being good for Christmas!

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif

Priceless!!

You KNOW I'm gonna have to try this with my "got no clue about chickens" husband! Too funny...........
But then, my parrot 'presents' every time you walk by her cage, so it shouldn't be too big of a surprise for him.

My brother won't eat our eggs, his reason... "I'm going to buy my eggs from a store!! I want to know where they came from!"

A lady was here looking at some goats. She saw my chickens and said "I really want a couple of chickens one day! But I only want the kind that lays eggs.." I said well make sure you get girls, "she replied " I don't mind if I get boys as long as I get the type of chickens that lay eggs" I said "as opposed to the chickens that give birth to live chicks?" where she repsonded. "yes, that is the kind I don't want, I want one for eggs"

Me (puzzled look)... "all female chickens lay eggs!"

her "THEY DO??" with the utmost astonished look on her face..quietly "I didn't know that"

Come on people, I think I knew that since I was 6 and I grew up a city girl...Geez.

Back
Top Bottom