Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

Quote:
Ha ha...I'm sending another BYCer some eggs to put under her "air hatching" broody! She says her hen is perpetually broody. Again...no fair.
hu.gif

gig.gif
Whenever somebody wants a broody hen, the nest boxes are, for the most part, chickenless.

Page 111! Make a wish!

What kind of eggs did you send Muggs?
caf.gif

ETA: GammaPoppyLilyFlutter, better make it 112 Wishes now!
lol.png

Last edited:
Reading this thread was so fun. I am a "Chicken Junkie" and probably always will be as I live with an enabler. I even started a Chicken Junkie site to help me vent, help others raise chickens and even inspire others to raise chickens responsibly. lol

All these posts where fabulous fun. Starting up a new bator next week, so wish me luck.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
gig.gif
Whenever somebody wants a broody hen, the nest boxes are, for the most part, chickenless.

Page 111! Make a wish!

caf.gif

lol.png

She's getting some of my Wheaten Ameraucana eggs and some Buff/Red EE's.

Quote:
Not bad! Not bad. Again...I'm more chicken than my chickens. I just can't do it yet. I promised a friend of mine we would try Silkie Chicken and Dumplings. I can't use one of my own Silkies though. Gonna have to use someone elses.
hide.gif

Thanks! Luckily they weren't *my* chickens so I think it made it easier. And this person SPOILED their silkies so the moment I saw it I had an eye out for it. Told my husband it was MINE and did the deed from beginning to end.

My husband says silkie meat taste gamier... but he also says he's never eaten it and only used it as dog meat. He's creeped out.

Quote:
Ha ha...I'm sending another BYCer some eggs to put under her "air hatching" broody! She says her hen is perpetually broody. Again...no fair.
hu.gif

gig.gif

Page 111! Make a wish!

And when someone wants eggs, they have five broody hens!

Quote:
caf.gif

lol.png

She's getting some of my Wheaten Ameraucana eggs and some Buff/Red EE's.

Oh, I'm sad now!!!
th.gif

I was looking at all the Hatching eggs for sell ( and by the way, that was a BAD IDEA!!! ) and I saw your Buff Ameraucanas and OMGoodness!
love.gif
th.gif

I have a buff Americauna (easter egger or WHAT HAVE YOU!) and they are SO clucky!!! (broody for y'all Americans!)

My husband LOVES her (Natalie is her name) but she's laid us a whole eight eggs in the eight months she's been alive - and has been broody 3 times.

Quote:
I feel ya! I can't stop incubating! I have 3 incubators now running constantly, I can't stop.

I have spent hundreds on incubators, thermometers and hatching eggs, but I have only managed to hatch 1 chick so far!

Free advice - find eggs locally! Even if you offer local fresh egg sellers double their normal fee so that they will put you a few aside and not refrigerate them, you will be ahead! I have had it with clear eggs, cracked eggs and broken eggs!

Back
Top Bottom