Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

Quote:
Of course a man would think that was funny..
roll.png

The SUPA MAN
cool.png

smack.gif
{jk}
hide.gif

Quote:
What kind of dwarf goats are you looking for? I'd love to pick up 1 or 2 Pygmy goats and 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats (anytime I type the plural of dwarf, I go all politically correct and think the word "dwarves" is non-pc).
hide.gif

Quote:
What threat?
I do have two Pygmy does.

You pulled it when I was typing but I saw it.
wink.png
thats okay we all know your chicken
gig.gif
I like the little things, little bantam chickens and little dwarf goats, and aren't the pygmys the ones that kinda waddle like a duck they are so big around? either one. I miss my goat.
sad.png

I have been debating on adding artificial light to my coop to keep the girls laying, thinking it would be nice to give the girls a break. Last year we added 2 lamps throughout the winter and more than 1/2 the eggs were frozen before we could get to them. Right now I have a few reliable ducks for eggs and about 2 chicken eggs a day. None of them are blue or green layers which I'd love to have their eggs for crafts right now. Figures.

Quote:
I have two coops with young pullets and those I light at about 4AM, partially for the eggs, but also because that's when I am out there working before my day job and I need to see!
smile.png
My 'old' layer coop has no light, but they are still giving me 5 eggs a day out of seven chickens (one of which is obviously molting). I'm going to be sad when my leghorns molt and stop laying, love those huge eggs. I got 18 eggs today!
smile.png

Quote:
I have two coops with young pullets and those I light at about 4AM, partially for the eggs, but also because that's when I am out there working before my day job and I need to see!
smile.png
My 'old' layer coop has no light, but they are still giving me 5 eggs a day out of seven chickens (one of which is obviously molting). I'm going to be sad when my leghorns molt and stop laying, love those huge eggs. I got 18 eggs today!
smile.png

18 eggs! Wow! I got 2 duck eggs, and 3 chicken eggs. 2 of the chicken eggs were first time layers TODAY!
ya.gif
Woot! However, they were bantam!
hmm.png

Quote:
smile.png
smile.png

18 eggs! Wow! I got 2 duck eggs, and 3 chicken eggs. 2 of the chicken eggs were first time layers TODAY!
ya.gif
Woot! However, they were bantam!
hmm.png

Well, my pullet coop has 22 girls (17 of laying age) - they gave me 11. My 1.5 year old chickens (7) gave me the five eggs and only two eggs out of my 'mixed age' coop. I think there are hmm.. three baby pullets, two just at POL pullets, two that are still laying that will molt soon and the rest (7) are molting. So really not a bad haul.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom