Chicken with hurt leg

No she can move it. She lays down a lot. She goes out gets drinks goes n the co-op n eats good. She was not vaccinated for anything shes a rescue.a lady I know bought 66 baby chicks n late March. She couldn't afford to feed so she ask me if I'd take em I did n o already had 51. All the same breeds only mine were vaccinated for America n cocci. I have mine n a coop n here's n the other

I'm sure it's not Marek's. Shes standing by me getting a drink. She seems a lot better then she was. Just saw her try n scratch her head with her bad leg. Must b a little better she didn't fall over this time.

I too have a 2-3year old black rock that is limping. Fine otherwise eating and drinking. She has been isolated in a crate for over a week now but is no better. I have put another hen in with her for company and warmth today. Also put aspirin in water and crushed in food. I have checked feet and given warm bath which she loved, rubbed anti flammitory creme in leg, but still no improvement.

I had the very same thing happen to my hen at about 10 weeks of age. It was the first time I came on this site looking for an answer. I found one that had given her hen 5 aspirin in a gallon of water plus vitamin B complex plus vitamin B 12. We put her back in the brooder with her water and food where she wouldn't have to walk much to get to it. It took about a week to see her come around and then we started taking her out once or twice a day and letting her walk around a little bit. She gained strength each day and after we felt her leg was okay again we put her back with the other chickens (1 rooster and 6 hens). We then had problems with the rooster trying to attack her but that's another story. We still put the aspirin and vitamins in all of the chickens water since we have read about so many chickens getting hurt legs. I don't know how long we will continue doing this but for now we think it is best way. Good luck with the hurt leg!!

My rooster has been getting attacked by my hens, they keep biting his legs until they bleed and he doesn't do anything to stop them. We've tried all sorts of anti-peck sprays and we've isolated him for a long time, but he can't be away from the flock forever and we are running out of options. Every time we put him back in with them, even if he's fully healed, they make his legs bleed again. Any ideas?

I just discovered my 23 week old dark brahma hen will not put any weight on her left leg. It does look like she broke off a nail completely. It isn't bleeding and her toe looks OK. Is there anything I can do to help her? She is my baby and I am worried sick.

Back
Top Bottom