CHICKEN WITH WORMS.. I did not know chicken got worms!!!

When giving the Fenbendazole 10%, are the eggs not fit/safe for consumption? If so, for how long? If so, are they safe to cook and feed back to the chickens?

There's a 14 day withdrawal period after the last dosing. I dont recommend feeding the eggs back to chickens with ANY wormer. There's residue in the eggs and it can help build worm resistance when the wormer is used the next time. It could also extend the withdrawal period.
Some people eat the eggs anyway, your choice. I toss them in the garbage.

I need help!!!! I have a chicken that has lost lots of weight but is swollen in the belly area. I'm thinking she is egg bound. Her feathers are fluffed out and she stands around kinda like a penguin does. Raising chickens is still new to my husband and I. We have dried a warm water bath, and steam and olive oil. Not sure what else to do. It is obvious she is uncomfortable. Please help!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I'm so over whelmed. I love all my chickens and want to help them, but unfortenetly I have been going through some medical things myself such intern means money is not as available right now. Can I treat this myself? Everything I just read seems to say no and that she needs get care. I hate to see her suffer! Not sure if putting her down would be the best. I just read about someone drew out fluid with a syringe on there own!???? Then just gave her and antiobotic. Would that be ok?

Thank you for your reply. I'm so over whelmed. I love all my chickens and want to help them, but unfortenetly I have been going through some medical things myself such intern means money is not as available right now. Can I treat this myself? Everything I just read seems to say no and that she needs get care. I hate to see her suffer! Not sure if putting her down would be the best. I just read about someone drew out fluid with a syringe on there own!???? Then just gave her and antiobotic. Would that be ok?
Depends on what's causing the fluid build up... I have one that I drain a few times a year and she does okay, her fluid is not from infection, but if they have laid internally the prognosis is grim.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help. Wanted to let you know we had to put her down. She did have a severe case of ascites. It was hard, but she is not suffering any more.

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom