Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know! I wish I did know. I don't think she got too hot because it's only 77 degrees outside and she loved to sun bathe. Stella is upset. She was saying that was her first baby! Lol! So cute but breaks my heart.

I feel bad for you and Stella too. Very odd. I hope you figure out whatever may have happened.

Thanks Ravyn! I'm pretty sure they won't be full on SLW when grown.
That is a great looking egg!

Chicken calculators keep coming up that all chicks will be black, but I'm still not sure... those things only work if you know of hidden genes...

at least something around here will be linked to sex .if that's the case I have a bunch more roos. ok what about the ones out of the sexlink hens  I try not to think about it much . it just confuses me . you know tomorrow is lock down your fist batch . go figure and I must work Saturday . :fl  wanted to take some video but can't find my phone again .I'll look for it again tomorrow before I lock down .

WV might be right that they only carry the gold but all look silver... I'm blnot sure since I refuse to work with laced... I love laced, but too messy to work with... your sex-links won't produce sex-linked, just mixed up mutts, sorry...

She is bigger, her daddy is half Light Brahma and her mama is half Cochin.  And yes, she is one of my "custom" crosses, one of four combos from two hens and  two roos, each half EE.

Ah, that explains her pretty coloring! :)

Yep, as BYC said, got dark egg layers so can do swap if ya want... :D ;)

Awww, you guys are the best. Trust me, it's been a long road with lots of life lessons! If SC ever gets one he'll get so stressed he'll pop another kidney stone!! :lau
:hugs back at ya!

:hugs

Don't give sc nightmares, it's not nice... :plbb

I'm picking up some clues to my earlier question about the SLW x Lav cross.

[COLOR=333333]Laced birds have Co(columbian) Pg(pattern gene) and Melanotic(Ml). [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Anyone know where I can find the typical genetics list for a black Wyandotte? They could have Co and not know it. They do have MI, but what about Pg. I guess they could. [/COLOR]:barnie  In theory the chicks could all look like SLW chicks.

Just thinking out loud here.......

Dunno... told ya laced is messy, lol...

I did talk to my friend and she said it has been a while but she thinks they'll hatch out looking similar at first, but as they grow out the Lav carries will have very smutty lacing...
Hope this helps... :confused:

:hit I don't know what's wrong!!!!!! She was up and eating just fine yesterday. And now Nugget is acting like she's struggling to breath! I know she's going to die and there is nothing I can do about but it seems like something neurological. She throws her head back and stretches out her legs and wings.

WARNING!!!!!! Image may disturb some.

She's gone. She made one last attempt to take a breath and stretched out and thats it. Gggggrrrrrrr!!!! I should not have worked out this morning because I would have oticed something g before she was being stepped on by the others. :hit

So sorry, hon! :hugs

It could have been anything... I wouldn't guess neurological from what you saw though, that sounded like typical death throes, sorry...
:hugs

hmmmmm  lets call that Sallys hug parade :lau   sc will melt if he ever gets one

:smack

[quote name="RubyNala97" url="/t/1022588/chickens-in-ya-window/1290#post_15925862 If SC ever gets one he'll get so stressed he'll pop another kidney stone!! :lau
:hugs back at ya![/quote]
:thumbsup

:hit I don't know what's wrong!!!!!! She was up and eating just fine yesterday. And now Nugget is acting like she's struggling to breath! I know she's going to die and there is nothing I can do about but it seems like something neurological. She throws her head back and stretches out her legs and wings.

She's gone. She made one last attempt to take a breath and stretched out and thats it. Gggggrrrrrrr!!!! I should not have worked out this morning because I would have oticed something g before she was being stepped on by the others. :hit
oh, that's terrible. I'm sorry

Congrats ruby!

Good to see everyone so active!

Sorry about the strom damage :(

I don't know! I wish I did know. I don't think she got too hot because it's only 77 degrees outside and she loved to sun bathe. Stella is upset. She was saying that was her first baby! Lol! So cute but breaks my heart.

Sorry about Nugget :(

I have been super busy hardly able to read here for my readin everywhere. You see what had happen was

A man footed my startup bills, and the calfs cost, how was i to say No?

And im treatin his auction turkey for a terrible case of bumble.

And im on my way to pick up my white bresse eggs :D

Congrats ruby!

Sorry about the strom damage
sad.png

Sorry about Nugget
sad.png

I have been super busy hardly able to read here for my readin everywhere. You see what had happen was

And im on my way to pick up my white bresse eggs
big_smile.png
My condolences on the calf! I grew up on a dairy farm. Seeing that picture brought back flashbacks. :)

A little bull or heifer?

hit.gif
I don't know what's wrong!!!!!! She was up and eating just fine yesterday. And now Nugget is acting like she's struggling to breath! I know she's going to die and there is nothing I can do about but it seems like something neurological. She throws her head back and stretches out her legs and wings.

She's gone. She made one last attempt to take a breath and stretched out and thats it. Gggggrrrrrrr!!!! I should not have worked out this morning because I would have oticed something g before she was being stepped on by the others.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
sorry Ross

Congrats ruby!

sad.png

Sorry about Nugget
sad.png

big_smile.png

Mooooooooooooooooo Mooooooooooooooooooo
lau.gif
frow.gif
looks like you have a bright future in calf manure BTW its a lot more than chickens

hit.gif
I don't know what's wrong!!!!!! She was up and eating just fine yesterday. And now Nugget is acting like she's struggling to breath! I know she's going to die and there is nothing I can do about but it seems like something neurological. She throws her head back and stretches out her legs and wings.

She's gone. She made one last attempt to take a breath and stretched out and thats it. Gggggrrrrrrr!!!! I should not have worked out this morning because I would have oticed something g before she was being stepped on by the others.
hit.gif
oh no ross, that is terrible! she was so pretty! I am so sorry, my suggestion with all that is going on right now and knowing we are all to get hit is that if this was a very sudden death perhaps it wouldn't hurt if you took her in for necropsy just to be sure for the rest of your flock. I would keep that area under HIGH quarantined for now until you are certain all others are ok.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Congrats ruby!

sad.png

Sorry about Nugget
sad.png

big_smile.png

white bresse!!! yay!!!! cute calf!!!

hey look that pups got milk on his lips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom