Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you and Ravyn in the same state? I think it must go by state law. I've been talking to a silkie breeder on byc and she ships out live birds all the time and she's not either of those because I specifically asked her. Her state only requires those special animal boxes and she sent me a link for them on Amazon of all places, my bff. :gig
I don't. But I would think that they would really benefit from fermented feed because it has pro-biotics and is easy to digest.

GA law is required to have NPIP in order to ship in or out live birds or chicks. They are extremely strict. I even got a letter from the agricultural dept. That i needed to enclose all my birds for the time being because of migratory birds heading south and risk of Avian Influenza

Last edited:
One of the guys that drove down from North Carolina last weekend to buy a rooster said that they weren't supposed to carry birds across the state line. I sold him a box and gave him a rooster

Haha good one!

GA law is required to have NPIP in order to ship in or out live birds or chicks. They are extremely strict. I even got a letter from the agricultural dept. That i needed to enclose all my birds for the time being because of migratory birds heading south and risk of Avian Influenza

Guess I need to look into WV laws.
hmm.png

Haha good one!

Guess I need to look into WV laws.
hmm.png

I would think that you can ship in state with out a problem . every state makes its own rules . for many years we have needed heath certificates when crossing state lines with our horses . just to ride in state parks we had to have them . not that big of a deal . but don't want to go there with chickens . My vet has gone nuts on me and getting him to do anything is hard . DW stills sends his bills out once a mount . last time we had a horse with leg problems . she asked him about it and He asked her what did I think . I'd had told her not to worry it would be fine .he agreed with me without looking at the horse .but we are really good friends and both old . and he don't do chickens at all or large animals anymore . If you find a good vet. stay with them . don't be switching around . I don't plan on shipping chicks or eggs .you can bet the government will only make it harder . want it be fun slipping across states smuggling chickens . Walnuts already got the fast cars. be just the old days running shine . oops shouldn't have said that
lau.gif
easier now we call it fuel .

I would think that you can ship in state with out a problem . every state makes its own rules . for many years we have needed heath certificates when crossing state lines with our horses . just to ride in state parks we had to have them . not that big of a deal . but don't want to go there with chickens . My vet has gone nuts on me and getting him to do anything is hard . DW stills sends his bills out once a mount . last time we had a horse with leg problems . she asked him about it and He asked her what did I think . I'd had told her not to worry it would be fine .he agreed with me without looking at the horse .but we are really good friends and both old . and he don't do chickens at all or large animals anymore . If you find a good vet. stay with them . don't be switching around . I don't plan on shipping chicks or eggs .you can bet the government will only make it harder . want it be fun slipping across states smuggling chickens . Walnuts already got the fast cars. be just the old days running shine . oops shouldn't have said that
lau.gif
easier now we call it fuel .

I'm not thinking of shipping one, I'm wanting to receive from Ruby in NY. I want her little silkie boy! She has an extra, and I need a rooster. But I think we are waiting till spring anyway. I can look into Ohio laws too. I live right close to the Ohio border, and have friends that would receive for me, if Ohio is easier than WV.
And I have a wonderful vet for my dog. But honestly, I could never see myself spending money to take any other of my animals to my vet. "They're just chickens"....
lau.gif

Lol. Bootleg chickens! A new breed!

HAHA Love it!

Fredericksburg is beautiful.  Try to visit some of the local wineries, and the "bat cave" if you have a chance!

We are staying pretty close to the Old Tunnel and will walk over tonight to see the bats. No real plans for today, will do some wandering through Fredriksburg, hitting a winery sounds like a great idea!

:frow    Enjoy! 

Thanks! We love exploring new areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom