Chickens laws Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I have have to wonder about how someone, years after the fact, would know what "he knew zoning for his metro Detroit lot specifically did not allow any chickens. He looked for a loophole to get a few chickens anyway and found the Papesh case who did nearly the same thing."
I'm sorry. I didn't read the post from long ago carefully enough. The info given wasn't in the order you learned of it. I am ashamed.

I agree with ending the thread. Is it possible to delete it rather than close it?

Last edited:
I don't know what the "LSG" is that you are referring to.
The original ordinance violation was NEVER "amended" by the prosecutor. It was NEVER a felony. A misdemeanor is a minor offense against local law or ordinance handled by a local district court. Not all misdemeanors are considered "felonies" unless bound over to the circuit court.

Also, I have have to wonder about how someone, years after the fact, would know what "he knew zoning for his metro Detroit lot specifically did not allow any chickens. He looked for a loophole to get a few chickens anyway and found the Papesh case who did nearly the same thing."

You are both posting from a position that implies that you have pertinent information regarding this case. You don't!

How do I know this? It's because this was MY case. I am the chicken criminal in question. I lived through this debacle nearly 10 years ago. The episode is moot. I'm going to ask the BYC administrators to take down this thread. It serves no purpose.

I'm sorry. I didn't read the post from long ago carefully enough. The info given wasn't in the order you learned of it. I am ashamed.

I agree with ending the thread. Is it possible to delete it rather than close it?
I would delete it and I assure you that I have followed your case and what you have been through I have been through. I think you have spoken in past to Belinda Fitzpatrick. She had 27 chickens seizedwith exparte search warrant. Door kicked in. 11 months to get a trial. She could have gotten 7 years in prison. She was found not quilty.
She only got 20 chickens back. The others died. This post was intended to be a heads up to the Michigan anti cruelty laws and what amounts to malicious prosecution.
Belinda is trying to stop make a difference. Your story is important.
At 2:00:59 she addresses Lansing city council.
And like you when she relocated her chickens they checked it out
Belinda has people who judge her negatively. I like Belinda try to educate people about "due process". And "predeprivation ".
And also how great pets chickens make.
I apologize if you have been offended. I too thought right to farm was for everybody. Equal protection under the law.
I just got xrays that tell me I have a mild compression of my L3 and am in a lot of pain. Could you be patient because I do not know how to delete this thread and pain pills have my brain messed up. I thought about this thread going a little off track last night but the last 12 months has been a living h.... and I want to see an end to code officers acting like gestapos.
Please try to view the youtube. I also am a Monarch enthusiast and am outraged that Garden City only allows grass in front yards.
The chicken I posted died in the care of Ingham County Animal Control.
And 👍 for not telling where chickens were rehomed.

Lansing State Journal.
I don't know what the "LSG" is that you are referring to.
The original ordinance violation was NEVER "amended" by the prosecutor. It was NEVER a felony. A misdemeanor is a minor offense against local law or ordinance handled by a local district court. Not all misdemeanors are considered "felonies" unless bound over to the circuit court.

You are both posting from a position that implies that you have pertinent information regarding this case. You don't!

How do I know this? It's because this was MY case. I am the chicken criminal in question. I lived through this debacle nearly 10 years ago. The episode is moot. I'm going to ask the BYC administrators to take down this thread. It serves no purpose.
Hi, I lived in Dearborn Heights. You make a good point because all I know about your case is what was in newspapers which are not always accurate. I also think my daughter talked to you about it.
Your case is not really moot because animal owners all over the state have similar stories. I posted another reply I hope you read and the purpose of this thread is to make animal owners in Michigan aware that they might be charged with crimes with severe penalties.
Belinda Fitzpatrick also has been through a year of hell.
Since her story hit the press two people have come forward.
I just was told I have a compressed L3 and that is painful. The pain pills mess up my brain. I don't know how to delete this thread but rethink your position that it serves no purpose. I don't want other animal owners coming home with their doors kicked in and animals taken.
I thought last night this thread was going astray and I needed yo get it back on track. Please don't get me kicked off this website. I wrote my senator lasnight about Senate Bill 50. I wrote my legislature about the house version. I want animal owners to have a right to a fair hearing before they are deprived of their animals.
My intentions were good. Trying to make Michigan a better state. And in last 10 years the laws have gotten worse. Animal owners are losing their God given rights to own animals.

Deleting because trying to make amends any way I can think of for being stupid and insensitive. Hoping it does not cause more damage.
We learn by our mistakes.
My hope in starting this thread was to educate people about the laws in Michigan regarding anti-cruelty to animals and how, well over the top the punishment is for owning chickens. True intentional inflection of cruelty to chickens might be acceptable as a felony with 7 year sentence. But this is for all vertebrates from 25 guppies to a combination of any 25 vertebrates.
The neglect or cruelty does not have degrees like 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder. Manslaughter, etc.
Animals throughout Michigan in both residential areas and in farms in rural areas are having all types of animals seized without predeprivation hearings.
One case someone, yes, it started with someone who likes making trouble, alleged a snake was not getting proper care. The ACO took the snake to a veterinarian who agreed to look at it.
He told her snake was perfectly find except you are killing it by putting in your truck and freezing it to death.
I hope that if I survive and am able to write a book "Due Process for the Common Man". Without due process all other rights will blow away in the wind.
Most books on due process are written on a level that most high school graduates cannot comprehend."
Nothing about the law is not plain and simple.

I would like to close this thread. If someone would explain how I do that. I need to focus on my health.
If not I could be paralyzed. So be careful chicken lovers. Besides predators like hawks and raccoons there are predators ready to take off with your chickens called ACO. , Code inforcement. Etc and toss you in jail by hook or by crook.
😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom