Chickens will be snowed in again Update w/pics

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
It is snowing here and could get 14+ inches. My poor chickens are going to be snowed in again. A few weeks back we got 13 inches and a few days later we got 8 more. They get out for a few days and then back in they go. I feel so bad for them they are happy little campers when they get to go out. I know this is mn but it has been long and cold and would like i spring to get here.

This is what we got so far and it is still snowing.
BENCH028.jpg

BENCH032.jpg

BENCH037.jpg

BENCH029.jpg

BENCH039.jpg

Last edited:
We put a couple of old saw horses out in the run and when it snows just put a sheet of plywood over them. this way we dont have to shovel the run every day and the hens can get out and scratch around.

yes it is hard to believe, we had almost 70 on wednesday and now snow. i have not put the sleds in the pole barn so if we do get 5-7 inches then i am going to go snowmobiling in my shorts and boots and take a photo with the date and time. the big Carlton swap is tomorrow so hopefully people will be there with chicks to sell.

Our snow is forecasted for Monday, Tues, and Wed. I am NOT looking forward to it:>( I sure hope we don't get much! It has been so nice here this past week and our snow is finally all gone. Well, till Monday that is...

Tammy in Ontario Canada

Back
Top Bottom