Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will let them get healthy again before i stress them out getting them tested. when i call again tomorrow i will see if i can set something up for February testing. my flock has been in my garage coop since mid october so they haven't had any wild bird contact since then. we do have wild turkeys that occasionally travel through the back yard so i have to wonder if they could have carried it. my hens go outside to the summer coop and the boys get the comfort of the garage during that time, so anything would have gone through the females to the males and might explain why i lost more hens than roos to this crud!

Chickie'sMoma :

i will let them get healthy again before i stress them out getting them tested. when i call again tomorrow i will see if i can set something up for February testing. my flock has been in my garage coop since mid october so they haven't had any wild bird contact since then. we do have wild turkeys that occasionally travel through the back yard so i have to wonder if they could have carried it. my hens go outside to the summer coop and the boys get the comfort of the garage during that time, so anything would have gone through the females to the males and might explain why i lost more hens than roos to this crud!

I lost all hens and pullets too, only one rooster. Are you finding the tylan helpful? I sure did, I just ordered the powdered from for the drinking water from amazon.com, they even have poultry supplies too!​

Heads up for anyone concerned that their birds are having problems with the cold. It will be very cold this weekend with highs in the teens, and Sunday night could very well bottom out near -10.

Update below.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ph wonderful! Right now I have an 100watt red flood bulb hanging in the coop. The coop is small, 6x8 and walls are insulated, but not the roof (shingled) and the door is not the greatest, lots of cracks and small spaces near the panels it is made up of. Should I change the bulb to the 250watt heat bulb or is that going to make it worse for when I change it back to the 100 watt? I am just so afraid to lose anymore and I have mostly modern games in there that are not very cold tolerant although they seem to be doing OK. I think I will go to home depot today and grab some of that bubble foil that comes on a roll and line the door on the inside with it and maybe even the ceiling. Oh and I will put plastic on both windows too.

For those in N MA and southern NH Sunday night's actual air temps will range from -10 to -20. Wind chills will be -15 to -30.

Darlene, go for the 250 watt bulb.

Quote:
That stinks. We don't have any problems with water pipes. Only issue that ever came up was one of the heating pipes cracked in ME. Genius construction guys ran uninsulated heating pipes through a non-heated garage. Brilliant!

Hope you get through the weekend okay!

Not looking forward to the cold below temps our washer pipes already froze the other day and our egglayers roof collapsed and i lost my fav ducky tippy

Quote:
OK, I sure will! I will do anything so as to not have to bring them inside again this year, I think I am still cleaning dust. Bad as it is, I have 3 inside for quarantine and now I will have to have them till spring because I don't want to throw them into the coop with the weather still so unstable.

Quote:
Sooo sorry to hear.. Poor little tippy
hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom