Chickies, Chickies, Chickies!! Meet the new additions! (Pic heavy!)

They were pulling out all the stops being cute today! Look at these babies!

Po! :love

Roha

Po again--he always hops onto my lap for his naps during play time! :love

Rangi, my little buddy!

This picture just makes me go 'awww...'! Rangi cuddle, with Roha looking on.

An update for yesterday. I spent the entire day out digging for our coop addition and didn't check on the babies at all. When I came up to bed at about 10 pm last night, I found Rangi on the floor outside the brooder. She had to have been without food, water, or heat for hours, poor baby. She is eating and drinking this morning and acting just fine now that she has food in her system. She just wants to give me a heart attack or something, the little snot! So there is now a sheet hung over the brooder to keep the babies from flying out. :rolleyes:

In other news, I woke up at about 6 am to Hika Ma CROWING! :th 23 days old and he's crowing already!

Last edited:
lau.gif
I am so reading this post to my mom who believes chickens don't have emotions or personalities. XD

IKR! Parents don't understand animals. My folks are so funny when they get something wrong. Like you know when a roo finds something tasty and clucks to call the hens over? Well my dad thought Gandalf, my legbar cock, was attacking a hen... and hit him with a broom.

He then couldn't understand why he got a serious spurring and the birds wouldn't go near him for days.
gig.gif

OHBEHJESUS!

As my Irish cousin would say...

How is he crowing this early :th !?!?!?!? Also, does it sound cute, or is it "BERK'BEDERK'BEDEERK" like usual...

It was like a chirp and a peep combined. Like, "Chiiir-eep!" :lol: I don't even know what got into him! But it definitely was a crow, with the neck position and everything!

Here's the little man, himself! Hika Ma!

Po says he's a man, too! (He's too cute. :lol: )

And Rangi putting on the innocent face. Have we learned not to jump out of the brooder when I'm not in the room? Noooo... :rolleyes:

Roha and Tiwhiri caught on the EcoGlow!

Huka working the catwalk:

Marama, who shockingly jumped onto my lap AND let me pet her!

Look out Tiwhiri! Po's coming in for a landing!!

Rangi on my shoulder, where she rightfully belongs, of course.

The boys :love

Roha:

Tiwhiri with some sort of strange look:

And my little 'Editor', who has been sitting here this whole time:

"What?" Rangi, you little stinker! :love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom