Chicks arrived dead.

How were they shipped? I have sent chicks of all ages but always express and I drop them off right before the truck goes out at 4:30 often they are only in transit for 16 hours. I also use a 24hour heat pad not the 8 hour ones that are sold everywhere. The 24 hour ones have to be ordered online (cant find elsewhere) and are much more expensive. I also have travel waterers, grow gell, and use shredded apples. Depending on the shipment I may use all of these things or just a few. I never send priority only express even with day olds, I think it makes a huge difference in how they are handled and where they are put on the plane etc...

Sorry to hear that. I dont know if you can name names on BYC but be sure to leave feedback, even if you did not get from auction places like eggbid allow you to post feedback anyway.

hugs.gif

ETA I will be shipping 3 week olds to ND on Monday and they are getting the full treatment as I suspect they will take 2 days to get there. I will not only be glueing in a waterer and heat pad to the bottom of the box, but I will construct a nice soft hay nest that will hold them snuggly for the journey. and all this for a $10 order it should not matter how much the chicks cost the point is to not kill them. I hate greedy people, I am sure he could have gotten those chicks to you alive if he had tried.

Last edited:
I went thru that also.Long awaited chicks came DOA never had that happen and is so very sad. the people I dealt with reshipped the entire order plus some! All are doing great. They got here a day faster than the first! With all the unpredictable weather this spring I'm amazed any made it! So glad you now have happy live
jumpy.gif

so sorry to hear that ....I bought my chicks through mypetchicken.com and my chicks arrived perfectly packed, warm, healthy and safe AND 1 day old... 4 weeks old and thriving now....very happy with the site..I hope you can get a resolution and then put this jerkoff out of business....chicks are God's creatures.....not just money...good luck

Yah, I ordered from MPC too and was rather irked at the $31 charge for express mail but I now would not have it any other way. Just the thought of the little ones 'in transit' for 2-3 days is icky. Much nicer to have them the next day. My chicks shipped out Monday afternoon and they were in my brooder by Tuesday at 9AM. Well worth the express mail charge!

my thoughts exactly featherz...I too was surprised that the shipping was more than my six chicks...but now I would do it again in a heartbeat after seeing my shipping money was well spent on the chicks.

Im considering buying chicks soon too and was thinking of buying online, but I'm in Canada and most sites won't ship to me and now I understand why! I think I'm just going to go to my local feed store and order some from there. Thats what most people in my city do aswell. And I would also feel very guilty if a site shipped to me only to make an extra buck, or because I begged&Pleaded, only to have them arrive DOA because I'm all the way up in Canada.. I would feel it was my fault because of how far I am. So I think im going to hold off on buying online!
Sorry for your loss!
sad.png
I can't imagine how you feel. <3

hit.gif
This just made me cry.
sad.png

I can imagine how horrified I would be if I opened the box and found all the little bodies.

I hope you get the refund...but that just wouldn't be enough to fix it for me. I would be so heartbroken. The seller should be reported. He must not be allowed to do that again.

Quote:
Ditto. I would be horrified & report the person for cruelty to animals. I am sure there is some law against that in the USPS.

Better to buy chicks local from a local breeder or hobbyist if possible... even chicks that live through shipping get stressed, and it's nice to be able to see the breeding stock. I know it's not possible for everyone, but I'm grateful to have so many responsible local breeders here near Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom