Choc/Mauve & Lav Silkied Ameracauna Projects , Konza Prarie Ranger Project, Tolbunt Polish, BFCM, 15

LOL! Lousy phone pics and now puter issues uploading and posting more.
Think you'll see they are far prettier in person. Feel free to post pics of the babies here...hint, hint...
Have a gorgeous mauve girl I'd love to show off but....ahh well, figgure out eventually.

hint taken. These are the 6 I had hatch out this week. Hatch rate was 6/7!! 2 mauve,2 black,1 blue,1 splash (I think)

Okay I bought 8 eggs and 7 made it to lockdown and 1 has pipped a few minutes ago I just snik 2 olive eggers that haycjed in the incubator under a silky that hatched 2 eggs so it looks like a long night between checking on the chicks under the silky and waiting for these silked ameracaunas to hatchI hope I get a good hatch rate I really want some of these

Hi okay I am getting nervous today is day 20 and there are now 3 pip none hatched all of the way the humidity is at 47% is that to low the ones that have piped are making progress I do not want to open the incubator and risk shrink wrapping some. How long do you let them work on it themselves before intervening. It is just day 20 and they are still trying to get out they have a big enough hole where they can breath. What about humidity is that to low? There may more that I just can't see where they have piped. I have hatched quite a few chicks now .I am nervous about these I really want these to hatch. Well better go check on all my babies will keep you updated on outcome. Have a great day.

That should be fine %, wouldn't bump it more than 55-60%. If you bump too much they can end up glued. They are making progress that's good.
They can take a full day to hatch out from external pip. Don't know your bator. Most people they hatch out just fine on their own.

I have humidity issues with my el cheapo bator/dry house and do often have to help mine out. If you can peel a tiny bit of the shell off and the membrane is papery dry and detached from the shell, you may need to help yours also. The problem is if you rupture a blood vessal getting too aggressive, they can bleed out. As long as making progress I'd let them go. If they went all day and still only had a small beak hole I'd chip a small bit of shell away and check how dry the membrane is. There have been times when I've broken off shell a very small piece at a time, slowly, and the membrane was totally shrunk away from the shell and dry like paper! I'd take a bit of shell off like dime size around the beack, do a small tear of membrane if no veining - STOP IMMEDIATELY if the slightest bleed. Put them back in the bator. A couple hours later, maybe a bit more so the head is clear, giving them a chance to emerge themselves with just a bit of help.

Well I ended up with 6 out of 7 that made it to lockdown. I think one looks chochlate coloring and one looks silvery they were big chicks I had to help 2 out they were to big to move around to pip.I am so happy with my hatch rate and my so cute baies

Size is one of the reasons to dry hatch. Eggs should lose 15% weight thru evaporation so that chicks do have room to turn to pip.
Fantabulous! Whoooot! Lotsa babies! Now watch wing feathers and hope for silkieds! On these guys pretty much takes 2 weeks to be sure.
I know some other silkied breeders say they can tell in 5 days - I can't. 2 weeks is what R said and on these guys I've found that to be true.

That should be fine %, wouldn't bump it more than 55-60%.  If you bump too much they can end up glued. They are making progress that's good.
They can take a full day to hatch out from external pip. Don't know your bator.  Most people they hatch out just fine on their own.

I have humidity issues with my el cheapo bator/dry house and do often have to help mine out.  If you can peel a tiny  bit of the shell off and the membrane is papery dry and detached from the shell, you may need to help yours also. The problem is if you rupture a blood vessal getting too aggressive,  they can bleed out.  As long as making progress I'd let  them go. If they went all day and still only had a small beak hole I'd chip a small bit of shell away and check how dry the membrane is.  There have been times when I've broken off shell a very small piece at a time, slowly, and the membrane was totally shrunk away from the shell and dry like paper!  I'd take a bit of shell off like dime size around the beack, do a small tear of membrane if no veining - STOP IMMEDIATELY if the slightest bleed.  Put them back in the bator.  A couple hours later, maybe a bit more so the head is clear, giving them a chance to emerge themselves with just a bit of help.

Size is one of the reasons to dry hatch.  Eggs should lose 15% weight thru evaporation so that chicks do have room to turn to pip.
Fantabulous!  Whoooot! Lotsa babies!  Now watch wing feathers and hope for silkieds!  On these guys pretty much takes 2 weeks to be sure.
I know some other silkied breeders say they can tell in 5 days - I can't. 2 weeks is what R said and on these guys I've found that to be true.

Back
Top Bottom