Christmas in October block Swap

If we do the block that is being talked about I think we should do dark / light for sure and decide if the "chain" is to be light or dark, well I guess unless everyone wants to do the mirror image half and half. My choice would be keeping it to 2 colors and prints being in those 2 colors only, that way we could each personalize by adding our preferred 3rd or more colors through sashing and or borders or accent squares or what ever, and by choice of color could make it manly, or modern, or teen, or country, or traditional, or whatever.

I think b/w or b/c would make a more uniform look, and blue, brown, grey w/ either cream or white would make a more "scrappy" look. So what is everyone's vision for this project?

I like the b/c for the chain colors, the rest in male colors sounds great.
katsdar, So glad your on the way with your quilter, you lucky person you. I hope it all sets up well when you get home.

I like the chain four patch block like in quiter's cache except make the 4 similar fabrics into one 6 1/2 inch square.

http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FourPatchChainBlock_Page2.html

Cream and a darker color for the chain with the cream placed so it makes the secondary pattern. For the other colors I would like male scrappy colors or greens and blues.

So in essence much like the way the drawing is as in the above link. Scrappy might be nice so people can use what they have and there might be some colors that fit a wider range then only green and blue. I like the idea of adding a border that makes it fit better as to how we want to use it.

Will we do 12 blocks or more? 12 blocks gives a layout of 3x4 and is about 36x48 without a border. If people want more they can makes some more up for themselves and use it without border or they can use the 12 swap blocks and just add a border to personalize like was suggested.

Last edited:
I like the idea of scappy as quilting fabric is $18metre here generally , so using some stuff from my stash would be easier for me. Always wanted to do this pattern... beautiful

Back
Top Bottom