Cinco-de-Mayo Hatch-A-Long celebration!

Pics
I’ve personally found my broodys to do better at hatching than my incubator. I actually set 22 pheasant eggs for my husband on the 11th and candled them tonight (day 14), and miraculously, I only had to pull three! The rest are going really strong, I’m so shocked!

I’ve come to the conclusion it is all truly just a crap shoot. But it is exciting when everything falls into line.

Good luck to you all. Anyone need some pheasants? 🤣

What’s Cinco De Mayo? A holiday about mayonnaise ?
Seriously though, I don’t know. I
Cinco De Mayo (My-oh)
Cinco de Mayo is a yearly celebration held on May 5, which commemorates the anniversary of Mexico's victory over the Second French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862, led by General Ignacio Zaragoza. The victory over the French army was a morale boost for the Mexicans.

Wikipedia helped me put it into words (copy and paste lol)

Cinco De Mayo (My-oh)
Cinco de Mayo is a yearly celebration held on May 5, which commemorates the anniversary of Mexico's victory over the Second French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862, led by General Ignacio Zaragoza. The victory over the French army was a morale boost for the Mexicans.

Wikipedia helped me put it into words (copy and paste lol)
Aha. Didn’t know. Thanks for telling me.
I set eggs to hatch the day before, so does that count?

What’s Cinco De Mayo? A holiday about mayonnaise ?
Seriously though, I don’t know. I

Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for "Fifth of May." Like @Hedgeland Farms said, the holiday celebrates Mexico's victory over the French. From a different article:

https://www.today.com/popculture/cinco-de-mayo-what-it-how-celebrate-t153321
"People in the U.S. often mistake Cinco de Mayo for Mexico's Independence Day, which is Sept. 16. Cinco de Mayo celebrates Mexico's underdog victory over France at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. The triumph inspired the Mexican people and, six years later, the French were finally driven out of Mexico for good. Today, the holiday more broadly celebrates Mexican culture as a whole."
"Though Cinco de Mayo commemorates a Mexican military victory, it is not widely celebrated in Mexico. It is, however, embraced in the United States by both Mexican Americans and people of other cultures."
"The holiday became popular in the United States during the civil rights movement, when Mexican Americans used the day as a source of pride. At the time, it was a chance for them to come together and celebrate their culture. Since the 1980s, however, the holiday has become commercialized by beer companies while gaining popularity across the country."

And we have a blast doing it! IMHO, the Mexican culture deserves appreciation for the fantastic food and drinks they've created and shared around the world. They have such a rich and colorful history and culture, and so few people are aware of it.

Mexico gets a lot of bad press lately because of the immigration and drug trafficking issues. But regardless of your stance on these problems, no one disputes that most of the Mexicans coming into the U.S., legal or not, are here to seek a better life. Didn't most of U.S.A.'s ancestors come here for the very same reason? To me, Cinco de Mayo represents Mexican pride, but mostly it celebrates the joy of life in a free country, no matter where you're from. I'm all about THAT.

Besides, what better excuse to party with the best guacamole, tacos and tequila in the world??? Myself, I want to see Mexican recipes that include eggs, but I don't think anyone has posted any yet!!!

I set eggs to hatch the day before, so does that count?
Only if you set eggs due to HATCH on Cinco de Mayo. But that doesn't mean you can't join the party! Everyone is welcome. That's the spirit of the holiday, you see. C'mon in and tell us about your eggs!
and recipes? Got any favorite recipes?

Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for "Fifth of May." Like @Hedgeland Farms said, the holiday celebrates Mexico's victory over the French. From a different article:

"People in the U.S. often mistake Cinco de Mayo for Mexico's Independence Day, which is Sept. 16. Cinco de Mayo celebrates Mexico's underdog victory over France at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. The triumph inspired the Mexican people and, six years later, the French were finally driven out of Mexico for good. Today, the holiday more broadly celebrates Mexican culture as a whole."
"Though Cinco de Mayo commemorates a Mexican military victory, it is not widely celebrated in Mexico. It is, however, embraced in the United States by both Mexican Americans and people of other cultures."
"The holiday became popular in the United States during the civil rights movement, when Mexican Americans used the day as a source of pride. At the time, it was a chance for them to come together and celebrate their culture. Since the 1980s, however, the holiday has become commercialized by beer companies while gaining popularity across the country."

And we have a blast doing it! IMHO, the Mexican culture deserves appreciation for the fantastic food and drinks they've created and shared around the world. They have such a rich and colorful history and culture, and so few people are aware of it.

Mexico gets a lot of bad press lately because of the immigration and drug trafficking issues. But regardless of your stance on these problems, no one disputes that most of the Mexicans coming into the U.S., legal or not, are here to seek a better life. Didn't most of U.S.A.'s ancestors come here for the very same reason? To me, Cinco de Mayo represents Mexican pride, but mostly it celebrates the joy of life in a free country, no matter where you're from. I'm all about THAT.

Besides, what better excuse to party with the best guacamole, tacos and tequila in the world??? Myself, I want to see Mexican recipes that include eggs, but I don't think anyone has posted any yet!!!

Only if you set eggs due to HATCH on Cinco de Mayo. But that doesn't mean you can't join the party! Everyone is welcome. That's the spirit of the holiday, you see. C'mon in and tell us about your eggs!
Cool! I do not know any good recipes, but I can tell you lots about the eggs!

I forgot about the recipes part of this thread! Should it be only cinco de mayo themed recipes or anything 😀?

Back
Top Bottom