May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Here is one of mine - can’t remember what day though.
Mine are slightly saddled in the early side moves within the space that it saddles, but not all around the egg it stays just on the big part of the egg, but it is a little saddled shape, and it does move is that considered saddle

Mine are slightly saddled in the early side moves within the space that it saddles, but not all around the egg it stays just on the big part of the egg, but it is a little saddled shape, and it does move is that considered saddle
yes if the air cell is down a bit of the side and not perfectly round at the fat side then that is saddled. or if it wiggles a bit. As it is in the incubator they should stop wiggling and setting into place more. it may be down the side some if your incubator has them on the side or it may be back at the top if your incubator has them upright.

yes if the air cell is down a bit of the side and not perfectly round at the fat side then that is saddled. or if it wiggles a bit. As it is in the incubator they should stop wiggling and setting into place more. it may be down the side some if your incubator has them on the side or it may be back at the top if your incubator has them upright.
Thank you so much for responding. I was told to leave them upright in egg cartons for the first 5 to 7 days and then I do have an upright Turner that just tilts them but they are super small so I don’t know if they’re gonna fit but I will do my best.

Thank you so much for responding. I was told to leave them upright in egg cartons for the first 5 to 7 days and then I do have an upright Turner that just tilts them but they are super small so I don’t know if they’re gonna fit but I will do my best.
yes that works. They may still slant but that is fine. As long as the air cell doesn't move all over the egg and doesn't seem free floating I have had luck with hatching them. If they are completely detatched I haven't had luck with them attaching again and they don't seem to develop.

OK so I will leave them out upright for another five-ish days and I’m not gonna return them and then after the five days I will put them in the egg tilter dose that sound ok

OK so I will leave them out upright for another five-ish days and I’m not gonna return them and then after the five days I will put them in the egg tilter dose that sound ok
yes that sounds good. you can spin them a bit but still upright if that makes sense? and candle them before you put them in the egg turner and see how the air cells look.

Back
Top Bottom