Clicker training

yoker

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Has anyone else tried it?
I am useing it to train our dog and horse and I might try it one some of the others.
I thought it would be cool to clicker train the chickens to touch a target then it would be alot easyer to catch them.
What have you guys trained?

My dog participates in Canine Freestyle, Rally-O, Obedience, and Agility and most of her commands were clicker trained. It's very effective. I have also trained 2 rabbits with it. lol good luck!

I employ many training styles and theory in my training. Clicker training is a wonderful way of introducing the concept of "learning to learn" for young animals and also takes any conflict out of dogs with trauma history. I love it!!

I have a lot of small dog clients who have issues with house breaking. One solution to it is to teach the dog to ring a bell at the door when they have to go potty. To teach this I use a clicker. I have used a clicker to teach my dogs to go to a "marker" area, so that i can send them to different areas when I need them out of the way or to move to a different place on cue for commercials and photo shoots.

I have used a clicker very effectively to teach dogs to use different vocalizations such as barking, whining and "whisper" a silent bark. Clickers are also useful in teaching a dog to search for things in your house if you associate the click with a toy instead of food.

Chickens can be clicker trained. In fact in learning clicker training (for the human) they often suggest you use chickens. The instructor I had said if you can train a chicken to indicate 3 colours you have the right consistency and timing. That's what you need to get down pat. The problem is that chickens don't work well transported into a clinic situation with a bunch of strangers so it's up to each person to use their own. Get one hen alone in the afternoon or evening and try it, fun stuff! Mornings are too busy/distracted for the hens.

Thanks guys for writeing on my other thread. and this one

Back
Top Bottom