Cochin Bantam Roosters in Folkston GA

ChickenGeneral

Chirping
Dec 25, 2023
Charlton County GA
We’ve got a bit too many roosters at the moment, and since some of them are being little jerks, they’re the ones on the (metaphorical or not) chopping block

Fluff is about 15 months old and the oldest of the Roosters we're getting rid of. He’s not been especially aggressive towards people or other roosters but we did get him from another family because his brother nearly killed him. He’s dumb to the point of concern and he mostly wanders around by himself except for when he’s chasing hens. He’ll sleep pretty calmly with other chickens assuming you can get him in the pen.

IMG_5312.jpeg

Next is BB (for Black Bird or Bent Beak depending on if you ask my Granny or Papa), I’ve never seen him start fights with any other rooster but Ian (a menace), but he’s not especially timid. He’s got a bent beak but other than having trouble with a couple kinds of food he does just fine. He sticks with the main flock or goes with the Brahmas. He and the other Frizzled roosters is about 8-9 months old. M
IMG_5320.jpeg

Next is Ian the Menace, he’s a black and white mottled frizzle and he’s also evil. Make no mistake though if you have food he will act like he’s never done anything wrong in his life. I don’t even know much about his behavior with hens because I spend most of his time around him trying to keep him from taking more chunks out of other roosters faces. He’s also fairly aggressive towards humans. This one might be for the pot but we want to give him another chance.
IMG_5318.png

Last is Donovan who is all in all, pretty unremarkable. His temperament isn’t very good or bad, and he’s just sort of there. There’s not a lot to say about him, but he’s cute in an awkward kind of way

IMG_5310.jpeg

We’ve got a bit too many roosters at the moment, and since some of them are being little jerks, they’re the ones on the (metaphorical or not) chopping block

Fluff is about 15 months old and the oldest of the Roosters we're getting rid of. He’s not been especially aggressive towards people or other roosters but we did get him from another family because his brother nearly killed him. He’s dumb to the point of concern and he mostly wanders around by himself except for when he’s chasing hens. He’ll sleep pretty calmly with other chickens assuming you can get him in the pen.

View attachment 3712529

Next is BB (for Black Bird or Bent Beak depending on if you ask my Granny or Papa), I’ve never seen him start fights with any other rooster but Ian (a menace), but he’s not especially timid. He’s got a bent beak but other than having trouble with a couple kinds of food he does just fine. He sticks with the main flock or goes with the Brahmas. He and the other Frizzled roosters is about 8-9 months old. M
View attachment 3712532

Next is Ian the Menace, he’s a black and white mottled frizzle and he’s also evil. Make no mistake though if you have food he will act like he’s never done anything wrong in his life. I don’t even know much about his behavior with hens because I spend most of his time around him trying to keep him from taking more chunks out of other roosters faces. He’s also fairly aggressive towards humans. This one might be for the pot but we want to give him another chance. View attachment 3712533

Last is Donovan who is all in all, pretty unremarkable. His temperament isn’t very good or bad, and he’s just sort of there. There’s not a lot to say about him, but he’s cute in an awkward kind of way

View attachment 3712534
Beautiful birds!!

Back
Top Bottom