Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
well a cross breed ,without good color
Thank you, that what I thought. I just have hard time finding bantam smooth cochins, I have ordered with couple of local feed stores, but alas, nobody else orders and they can't place only my order alone. I only need around 5 chicks. Since hatcheries can't sex bantams I know I will end up with couple roosters, so I just want a good breeding pair.

Thank you, that what I thought. I just have hard time finding bantam smooth cochins, I have ordered with couple of local feed stores, but alas, nobody else orders and they can't place only my order alone. I only need around 5 chicks. Since hatcheries can't sex bantams I know I will end up with couple roosters, so I just want a good breeding pair.
Tajuano,if you want a good breeding pair.That is the perfect thing to start with.
I would suggest you do some reach on what color (variety) you would like. Then do a little hunting for a specialty breeder of that variety.In frizzled cochins some are a little harder to find then other but in some varieties but we can help point you in the right direction if we can. This time of year most breeder are a little thin on extra stock as they are setting up breeding pen for spring. You could get on a breeders list early for 1st dibs on the spring hatches,if you have trouble finding birds right now

Tajuano,if you want a good breeding pair.That is the perfect thing to start with.
I would suggest you do some reach on what color (variety) you would like. Then do a little hunting for a specialty breeder of that variety.In frizzled cochins some are a little harder to find then other but in some varieties but we can help point you in the right direction if we can. This time of year most breeder are a little thin on extra stock as they are setting up breeding pen for spring. You could get on a breeders list early for 1st dibs on the spring hatches,if you have trouble finding birds right now
I agree!

~Casey

I agree!

~Casey

That would be really good idea. I would like to make some money of my chickens, selling eggs around this area is not really good idea, almost everybody I know is having chickens. So, selling good eggs and little chicks would be ideal. Plus enjoy a good looking birds. So, where can I find good smooth cochins, I would like to breed lavender color. What can I combine with my white to get it?

That would be really good idea. I would like to make some money of my chickens, selling eggs around this area is not really good idea, almost everybody I know is having chickens. So, selling good eggs and little chicks would be ideal. Plus enjoy a good looking birds. So, where can I find good smooth cochins, I would like to breed lavender color. What can I combine with my white to get it?
lol....you might want to give lavender a little time as very few,i mean very few are working with lavender cochins as of right now.And those that are an't giving up stock yet.The genetics behind lavender is very far from what I understand away from white.

lol....you might want to give lavender a little time as very few,i mean very few are working with lavender cochins as of right now.And those that are an't giving up stock yet.The genetics behind lavender is very far from what I understand away from white.
LOL, that was always my dream, to have lavender cochin. The more I look at the pictures and read the more I want one of my own.

Would this little dude be considered lavender? I dont show or anything but he looks lavender to me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom